Thursday, March 5, 2009

Phsyician, heal thyself

This morning I was up early and off to the gym to get my short run in for training. While waiting at the bus stop the hottie I have seen on the early bus was there chatting with another guy about their plans this weekend. I forgot about that odd tradition Hoboken has for St. Patrick's Day. Hoboken always celebrates St. Patty's Day on the first Saturday of March so as not to have to compete with NYC. IT is a lot like Mardi Gras actually. Actually think more like Girls Gone Wild. Most people go to house parties during the day because all the bars get filled starting at 11 but the reverse bridge and tunnel crowd. Locals don't go to the bars until around 6 after all the tourists from NYC have either passed out or gotten arrested for public urination or just gone home bombed. I will not be joining in the festivities as I have the boys this weekend.

I have to say I was a bit astounded when I read Rep. Frank has said he wants all governmental bodies to attempt to prosecute those responsible for the financial meltdown. Top of the list would be the following people: Greenspan for keeping the price of money artificially low for twenty plus years; President Clinton for allowing Rep. Frank, Senator Dodd and other Democrats to force Fannie and Freddie to make very risky loans; Bernake for abetting Greenspan; Mozillo for bribing Congressmen with below market loans, hell there are tons more.

I had drinks with my Senior Prom date tonight after work. She has not changed one bit- still a really funny girl- well actually woman now. She lives up the Hudson Valley and was in the city for work today so we met up afterwards and had some cocktails. I think the funniest line of the night was when I said I was paying for drinks and she said oooh, technically a date. I told her I was not expecting anything in return.

We caught up on Heroes tonight. I am psyched to see BSG tomorrow night but a bit bummed that means there will only be two more episodes after.

1 comment:

Tim said...

I doubt Barney Frank will ever accept blame for his role in Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, despite his recorded words. "I want to roll the dice with more subsidized mortgage loans"