Sunday, November 30, 2008

Home sweet home

Friday's drive up north was uneventful except for my oldest complaining he was bored and had nothing to do during the ride. I told him to take a nap or listen to his iPod or some combination thereof. We drove gaily forward (as opposed to straight since that really isn't my case) to mom and dad's house. My older brother had just gotten in from the airport, my younger brother, his wife and three kids were there already. We hung out for a while and I had to run to TGT to get khakis for my oldest as he did not have any that fit. I got back and called the hotel to see what time I could check-in because mom and dad did not have room for the four of us as well. Check-in was 3 PM. I went over there around 3, checked-in and then drove to the airport to pick up the husband. We went back to the hotel, showered up and got dressed then drove to the restaurant for the dinner for dad's birthday. Dinner was nice and my younger brother and sister-in-law got stuck at the kids table. After dinner we went back to the hotel and changed our clothes. Then back to mom and dad's for cake with friends and family.

Saturday morning we did family photos. It was fun. Then the husband and I went and grabbed breakfast while the boys decided Dunkin Donuts with their uncle, aunt and cousins would be more to their liking. My older bro flew back to FLA around noon. My younger bro and sister-in-law left around 2 PM after the grandchildren and grandma made snowmen. That left us and mom and dad. The husband and I went to the mall to T-Mobile to get a new SIM card for the husband's crackberry. Then the adults played cards for a bit while the boys played with all the old Fisher Price toys in the basement.

I uploaded and re-arranged all of mom's digital pictures on her PC. That was fun as she still had 300 pics on her camera. I then emailed a few from the party to my youngest brother who could not make it up do to a sick child.

We took mom and dad out to dinner at the local restaurant. It was ok and then they went home. The husband and I then took the boys to Barnes & Noble so they could each have a book to read on the way home. My oldest picked one form the teen section called Fallen Angles. My youngest picked a fantasy series by Garth Nix. We then all crossed the street to the theater to watch Madagascar 2. By then it was pretty late and it was bed time for all of us.

This morning I wanted to get on the road somewhat early to avoid the big coastal storm coming in. We had breakfast with mom and dad. Then I and the boys got on the road. The husband was flying back later so he and mom and dad went home.

During the ride I got some interesting questions from my oldest as he read the book he got. "Dad, what is a slant?" A derogatory term for an Asian. "Dad, what is a gook?" Another derogatory term for an Asian. "Dad what is a genital?" Your balls. "Dad what is crabs?" Use it in the sentence please. Oh, it's a venereal disease. "Like herpes?" Yes as we quickly accelerated due to my foot hitting the gas.

I dropped them off at their grandmother's house because their mom's flight was delayed due to the coastal storm. The weather sucked and I got home and took a nap as the husband did not beat me home due to said coastal storm delaying his flight as well.

This week will be interesting and hopefully non-eventful after Black Friday. We'll see.

1 comment:

Tim said...

Nice site redesign!