Monday, December 1, 2008

Almost time to get back into the shallow end of the pool

Don't have a lot to write about tonight so I'll try to keep it short and sweet.

I was chatting with DS on IM today about the holiday weekend and the ride home. He came up with the line I should use from now on about the boys when people ask me about them. From now on I will be saying "I have children from a previous orientation."

I noticed the NBER officially announced that we entered into a recession in December of 2007. That makes me think we are getting close the finale of this debacle we have been going through in the financial markets. The boss agrees with me but thinks there will be a lot more reoragnizational filings, aka bankruptcies.

I think our President-Elect naming HRC as his Secretary of State is a brilliant move but also think-the cynic in m showing- that he did it to prevent her from challenging him in 2012.

2 comments:

Tim said...

Concerning HRC, I thought the same thing, brilliant choice and clever strategy.
Concerning the markets, nothing is set till after the inauguration. It's quite possible that in the flurry of new regulation and such congress cripples something important and renews the recession.

Anonymous said...

I will be looking forward to the end of daily gloom-and-doom headlines we've been experiencing.