Tuesday, December 2, 2008

We may have to start watching Legend of The Seeker

When we were up at mom and dad's we were surfing the channels and came across a show with a hot shirtless muscly guy using a sword being instructed by a wizard. The guy was stunning. I saw the title of the show was The Legend of The Seeker. So I googled it today. I never read any of the books it is based on by Terry Goodkind. Craig Horner- of course he is an Aussie- is the star.

Speaking of surfing through the channels there are certain movies I will always watch if they are on: ANY Matrix movie, ANY Star Wars movie, ANY Indiana Jones movie, ANY LOTR movie, Caddyshack, ANY Scream, Gorillas In The Mist (college memories) and White Chicks are a few. The bathroom scene in White Chicks has often made me consider letting out a big sigh as I am standing at the urinal at work and seeing what the reaction is- that is until yesterday when I was in there and someone was in the stall grunting and huffing and puffing while pinching out a loaf. I thought the guy was gonna die in there. I was washing my hands when he came out- out of shape, older IT guy; go figure...

This morning at the bus stop there was a cute pocket sized guy. I have seen him at the gym before but he looked good all cleaned up and ready for work. Had a WSJ with him so he probably works in my line of business.

We have not seen our hot neighbor in quite some time but there is another hot married neighbor to ogle occasionally in the elevator.

Everyone keeps talking about how Treasuries are the next bubble. I have been thinking for a while though that maybe what is really going on is that equities as an investment class have been the bubble for the past 25 years. Historically bonds dominated all thoughts of the investment business from the dawn of time. They are just much more bottom-line: When am I getting paid back and what will the vig be? That is all they care about. When it comes down to it equities are really just glorified call options; you as the owner may have a claim on some possible future cash flow after the debts are paid. Somewhat sobering and depressing though for an equity trader but what can ya do?

No comments: