Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I really want a slow week

So the other day the ex' mother had her second round of chemotherapy. I sent a text in the afternoon asking how it went. I did not get a response. I didn't know how to take that- good news or bad news. I called her today to ask and apparently she was just really busy and saw my text but did not have a chance to respond. It went well and she thanked me for asking; quite a change for her to thank me for anything. I must admit I do it only because I am concerned what will happen with the boys because their maternal grandmother is a large part of their daily lives.

We had the husband's book club over last night. I acted as the hired help- cooked, served and made sure the wine glasses were full. I tried to write this post last night after I finished cleaning but said to hell with it and am now writing it at my desk before the markets open.

Tonight we have MP coming over for dinner and just to catch up. Tomorrow night we are going to see Quantum of Solace because one can never get enough of Daniel Craig especially when he is shirtless. Saturday night we have a Christmas party to go to in the northern suburbs of Jersey. Sunday we are going to Toys for Boys in the city. It seems like we have been going full speed for the past three months.

The tape seems to be muddling a long and putting in a long base/bottom. Everyone seems to think you can't pick the bottom but as RK told me it is easy- it's the hot shirtless guy dancing with his hands way above his head, lol.

I am getting concerned about the Middle East as the Jerusalem Post has an article saying the IDF is planning on bombing Iran's nuclear facilities with or with our help/coordination. That could make for an interesting Christmas...

Saw the cute guy from the third floor at the bus stop this morning. Not sure what his story is.

I have been wondering that is we are in a second depression and all the articles saying the New Deal really did nothing but prolong it and maybe it was WWII that actually caused the end of it are we setting up for another large-scale, global type conflict?

My oldest is maybe maturing as when I talk to him at night now and I ask how his day at school was he tells me and then actually asks how my day at work was. I was stunned the first time and told him it really makes me happy that he is showing interest.

No comments: