Monday, December 8, 2008

Finally a relaxing weekend

The Christmas party we went to Saturday night in north Jersey's suburbs was a lot of fun. The hostess looked great and their new home is pretty amazing especially the huge flat screen mounted over the fireplace in their family room. The only thing I didn't really like was how the living room was a dead end room- you know what I mean, only one way in and it didn't flow into any other room. The husband said that is how all the newer homes are but it just doesn't make sense to me.

There were some very interesting guests. One in particular was this Ukrainian woman. We tagged her pretty quickly because she was wearing these amazingly tight pants that were all covered in black spangles and these boots with easily 5 inch heels. The boots also had red soles which the husband said was the signature of Christian La Boutain- no clue if I spelt it right. We were in the garage chatting with her and her husband- who happened to be this uber-WASP wearing Campbell tartan slacks, a whale belt and the Brooks Brothers gold button blazer- as the husband and she were two of the smokers and I was having a dip. We carried the conversation into the kitchen where she stated she had a personal question to ask the husband. She prefaced it with you don't have to answer it if you don't want to. He looked at me like what the hell is she about to ask. Her question was "Where'd you get your sweater?" I started laughing. The hostess was also wearing the red soled shoes.

We slept in late again Sunday morning. It was really nice not to have to get up and run around and do anything. We had a very lazy Sunday morning for once.

Sunday afternoon we showered up and went into the city for a very early dinner with TK. We are planning on going to Utah with him for a snowboarding trip on Christmas Day but the snow reports are not looking so good so we started talking about making back up plans. We then went to the Toys For Tots party at Chelsea Piers. There were tons of hotties but that is too be expected when there 2500 homos who live in New York City all in one place. We had fun and I saw some old friends. I got to meet KennethInThe212 and I was a total geek. I believe my words were I read your blog everyday and I miss Sunday Worship. I also met his boyfriend Michael. He was off to work. I saw JS too and we have been trying to get together for a drink and he introduced me to KennethInThe212. They are best friends.

After the party at we went to Park and met up with DS and his partner JK for dinner with a group. We walked there and it was freakin' cold and the wind was whipping down the avenue. We were only staying for a drink. Met some of the husband's old neighbors and they were a nice couple.

Ok, seriously, don't we as a country have way more to worry about than whether or not President-Elect Obama smokes cigarettes? I also read how the left is becoming pissed off with President-Elect Obama's choices for the Cabinet. Funny how once a party wins power they start to turn on each other. I have no problem with President-Elect Obama picking the best people in his opinion regardless of their political opinions.

No comments: