Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Get your turkey stuffed

So we watched the season finale of Tru Blood Sunday. I never read the books but I have to say the actor who portrays Jason Stackhouse is fucking smoking hot. Yesterday I was supposed to have drinks with a friend from college who found me on facebook. She works 2 blocks away from me in Hell's Pantry. I emailed her to conform and good thing I did since she had it on the calendar for tonight. I re-confirmed today and she had to cancel as her budget meeting got to 5 PM. I ended up grabbing a drink or two with the boss, 2 co-workers and our salesman from BOFA. We had drinks in the P.A. at Metro Marche.

Speaking of which I am a bit annoyed about the fact that it is not even yet Thanksgiving and the P.A. is playing Xmas music. The grocery store I went to with the husband after I got home is as well AND our friend PF put his mom's tree up today! Seriously, I guess I am too old fashioned in believing that the Christmas stuff should wait until AFTER Thanksgiving passes.

Since I am on the topic of Christmas, our company "Holiday" party has been held off-site since I have been working here- usually some swanky, hip place. Well you know we are in a recession now since yesterday we were told it is now being held on-site.

I read on the web how male lizards do push-ups to get attention. Well duh! You should see the lizards out on FI.

There are so many acronyms in the market now that one loses track of them. The only one you need to know is QE. That stands for quantitative easing. What the government did today is it folks. They are now directly buying securities in markets that have frozen. They should have just gone right to it once LEH failed. One could even argue that the Treasury taking stakes in the major banks was a stealth form of it but that is neither here nor there.

So QE plus the fact that the yield curve is no longer inverted and is actually normalizing and even steepening AND that the metal with the PhD in economics (that'd be copper) had a ~20%+ day yesterday tells me that possibly we will be bottoming in Q1 and out of the recession by end of Q2. We need to remember that the market is generally the best and most efficient discounting mechanism around.

Tomorrow after work I am picking up the boys and driving out to the in-laws. The husband is coming home and picking up the kids and driving out. My sister-in-law asked me to bring the Wii out with us. The boys are psyched about that because they won't get completely bored. We are all sleeping over there, celebrating Thanksgiving there and coming back to Hoboken Thursday night. Friday morning we are off to my parents in central NY for my dad's 70th birthday party for the weekend.

No comments: