Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I am glad the election is over

So the ex's mother has cancer and started her chemotherapy today. I have been concerned for several reasons. My main concern is if it ends badly, my sons will be devastated. She lives one block away from them and is a major part of their lives. I am also concerned about the ex herself.

Things between us did not go well for about a year and she actually took me to court saying my "gay lifestyle" was causing irreparable harm and damage to them. Thankfully New Jersey is very forward looking and she got spanked by the judge- figuratively speaking. Ever since she went through with that the only thing I have felt for her is the general compassion I would feel for any other human being. I understand she was still very angry and hurt from the whole coming out and divorce ordeal but to take me to court and say I was causing irreparable harm and damage to my sons was not the right thing to do to get back at me. But I am human and I still do have feelings for the mother of my children and would not wish this upon her.


My mom found out because my brother can't keep his pie hole shut. She asked if she could and should call to express to talk with the ex' mother. The ex said no, her mom doesn't want to be treated differently, felt sorry for or pitied because she has cancer. I can understand that and I think I would probably be the same way if I had cancer. I asked the ex if I could call and wish her mom luck with everything and surprisingly she said yes. I had always had a good relationship with her but there is a lot of acrimony from her family to me.

My brother who told my mom is also a doctor and when I told him he said find out what stage the ovarian cancer is in. I found out this morning that it is stage 3. I emailed my bro the info, that the ex mother in law will be taking three drugs for a cycle then hopefully the tumor has been shrunk enough that it can be surgically removed and then another round of chemo. He has not come back with any info. He told me to find out which drugs she would be given which I do not know yet.



This morning on the bus there was a hottie in a hoodie asleep on the bus. Mr. Barrett would have been all over him because he was bearded and it was ginger.

I was IMing with PF today about the election. My call is whoever wins tonight I bet will end up being a one term President. I just really think the new President will be completely sunk by the economy. I still think both candidates are bad options to choose from but I did vote after work.

This week is busy. We fixed the lighting fixture in the living room last night. Tonight the husband is at a biz dinner. Tomorrow we have friends who also happen to work with the husband over for dinner. Thursday we are actually having DR and PF over for dinner- DR used to work with the husband and he and PF spent a weekend out at the beach with us this summer. the we have the boys this weekend.

I am not watching the election returns tonight since I am pretty sure who is going to be the winner. Right now it's time for Family Guy reruns and then Heroes from last night on the dvr.

No comments: