Thursday, November 27, 2008

They are all such cheaters

Last night we got out to the in-laws house around 9 PM. The boys had fallen asleep on the Southern and woke up a bit groggy. The traffic really wasn't that bad. The husband left Hoboken later than I did and beat me there. Once I hooked up the Wii the boys were wide awake. My oldest and his aunt played it for quite some time. My youngest played some anime style game on my laptop. I helped the husband and his mom prep the turkey for today- think lots of fennel, lemons, butter and sage. Thankfully we had some wine while doing it.

Today actually was a very nice and relaxing Thanksgiving. The husband swore he was not doing any cooking and yet once he got up and his mother had the turkey in the oven he decided the menu she was planning was too plain. So we ran to the grocery store and picked up a few things. We changed the mashed potatoes by adding roasted garlic and Dijon mustard. The stuffing got bacon, mushrooms, shallots, onions, sage and fennel fronds. The rest of the fennel went onto the grill on the back porch. My sister in law was a bit late but once we sat down to dinner it was great. My youngest is a total pain in the ass when it comes to eating so he had chocolate chip waffles. The boys know they have to ask to be excused from the table after dinner so when my youngest asked his step grandmother if he could be excused she said he had to eat a piece of turkey. So he ate one tiny piece and that was that.

Pumpkin pie and lemon meringue pie for dessert with vanilla ice cream and Cool Whip. Then the husband and I took a nap and the boys played Wii with their aunt and step grandparents. MarioKart was fun.

Before we left we did the infamous Secret Santa routine. The husband caught everyone else showing names. They were all cheating already! Then the husband turns to me and asks "Did you get me?" I told him he'll never know.

We drove back to Hoboken. Tomorrow morning the boys and I will drive up north to my parents for Dad's 70th. The husband is working a half day and then flying up in the afternoon.

Tuesday night I redesigned the blog a bit and Mr. Barrett noticed right away. He is off to Ireland but Wednesday we were chatting on IM much as we do every day and commented on how he likes the new look. Probably won't be posting again until Sunday night, enjoy the weekend.

No comments: