Tuesday, February 10, 2009

We have a plan to form a plan to implement our plan

I was going to swim this morning but it was nice to sleep in next to the husband and I blew it off. I don't need to seriously start training until the last week of this month anyways.

JW is a friend who I have basically goaded into starting a blog over the past year. I am fairly certain he had one before but let it fall into disuse. I admit I have intentionally over the past year sent him emails that might grate on his nerves with a decidedly conservative/right wing nut slant. It finally worked, lol. This morning he said if one of the narrow minded people I sent him a link to can do it so can he. He mentioned it would at least help him form a coherent view of things. My response to that was basically hello, McFly? JW is one of the people I know who most assuredly has one of the most coherent views on things already and I told him once he actually starts putting it down in words he would realize it. He has some of the best critical thinking skills I know of in any of my friends; he is up there with my best friend who I have known since I was four. I definitely don't agree with all of his views and I know he does not agree with all of mine as well but what I believe we do have in common is a willingness to hear the other side and a desire to find the truth if that is possible. He is also really funny and we had a blast at the Pavilion at FI one summer impersonating our favorite Molly Shannon character from SNL.

So this is how desperate things are in the broker community: One broker who has been harassing the boss for two years offered to do business net for one whole month. Net is free, i.e. no commissions what so ever. To me that is a sign of trouble. I told the boss there is no such thing as free in this business but I was preaching to the choir.

Turbo Tax Timmy- the new name for our Treasury Secretary given to him by the kid next to me- is so not ready for prime time. He seriously fumbled in his first official outing. I looked up as I was listening to his remarks and the boss said did he just say we have a plan to form a plan to handle the situation? Yes he did. Our government is flying blind and still wants to rush this whole thing through. I feel bad for them as they have no game plan to follow whatsoever and everyone- myself included- is armchair quarterbacking.

I had dinner with JP tonight. It was good to catch up to him and he has been busy since we last had some face time. He did a half marathon, worked up in my hometown and has had 4 dates with a guy. He also has taken up boxing classes.

1 comment:

Tim said...

"turbo tax Timmy" sigh... I hate my fellow Tim's some days.

I see your office was as unimpressed with his speech as I was? "our plan is nothing like our former plan! Well parts are exactly the same but with a new name no one will notice?"

I think if he had said that they were building on TARP it would have made the markets and the tax payers have more faith in the 350 billion dollars they already spent.
Do they really have to try and pretend that the same people who made the old plan aren't around anymore? Or that he was part of it too? sigh suspension of disbelief is suppose to stop with movies.bv