Saturday, February 7, 2009

I think next year we'll shoot for two days.

Ok, first things first. The way the whole housing issue has a high probability of ending is as follows: The government converts their preferred stakes into common equity effectively nationalizing Shitigroup and BOFA by my calculations they would own ~70% of Shiti and ~50% of BOFA). The cram down law gets enacted giving an algo run by the Treasury the right to modify mortgages. This takes away from the still private banks any incentive to write mortgages every again. So the government's banks write all mortgages and sell them to the other two government owned enterprises- FNM and FRE. The real estate market become socialized. The idea of private property rights, the belief in the rule of law in general and contract law specifically are destroyed and the market's job of setting prices for real estate is taken away and given to bureaucrats.

Yesterday after work I did the first brick I've done in quite some time. I rode 9 miles on the bike and then ran 2 miles immediately following. I then went to meet Ragnar and Umberto for dinner. We had a nice Italian meal. The husband is sick so he stayed home. Then Ragnar and Umberto and I went and saw Push. It was an ok movie but you should wait to see it on dvd. The pacing needed to be tightened up and Chris Evans need to be shirtless at least once. Dakota Fawning was actually pretty good in her role.

I picked the boys up this morning as my youngest had a Valentine's Fun Night last night until 9:30. I dropped him off at February Fun (Saturday activities provided by the school such as paper making, cartooning, etc.)and then my oldest and I had breakfast before I dropped him off at tennis. Watched him for most of it then ran back and picked up my youngest then back to get my oldest. We grabbed lunch at a drive-thru and back to Hoboken.

I surprised them today by taking them to the NY Comic Con. We took the bus into the city and then hoofed it to the Javits Center. On the walk over my oldest was fretting it was going to be a geekfest and they probably had a pocket protector vendor.

It was really cool and my oldest changed his tune when he saw the video game playing area. He played a game called The Conduit. My youngest played Sonic the Black Knight and had the second fastest time for the entire day. We had fun there and as we were leaving my oldest said ok that was pretty cool. I said next year I think we should try and do Saturday and Sunday. I also added next year they may be with their mom that weekend to which they both said no, you'll have to switch weekends with mom if that happens.

We got on the bus home and my oldest sat down towards the front. I whispered not there let's move to the back. He asked why and I said because that old guy is crazy. We got off and the crazy guy got off at the same stop as us so we took the long way back to the apartment. My oldest was actually nervous and looked back a few times to make sure the crazy guy was not following us.

Tomorrow I am taking the boys to see Coraline. They asked to and I think it looks good plus Tim Burton is always interesting. The husband made plans for tomorrow night for dinner. His rationale is it will be the three year anniversary of our first date as the night of the Super Bowl we met was really not a date- more like a night of hot, semi-drunk, sweaty, steamy man sex.

No comments: