Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Is that chick staring at me?

I saw Full Lower Lip on the bus this morning. I swear he smiled at me and mouthed "Call me." At least that is what I texted the husband, lol. There was also a guy who looked a lot like Red Hoodie. He was in a suit and pretty hot.

I really don't feel like writing anything about the markets today as it is still the same- until someone eats the losses there will be no resolution. I will say however that Maxine Waters should not be allowed to talk on television at all. The woman seriously has no clue what she is talking about.

For lunch the boss and I and a portfolio manager walked out to grab a bite and ended up sitting at the place we ordered sandwiches form and had a beer. The best part was the boss treated. There are not many things that compare to a cheese steak with sharp provolone and a cold draft beer while the sun was out and it was beautiful weather.

I had drinks tonight after the close with a girlfriend I have known since first grade. She lives on the UWS with her husband and kids. Her husband founded and sold a fairly well known website. She is a journalist. I reconnected with her about a year and a half ago. She and I have been getting together every few months since to have some cocktails and just shoot the breeze. The best was tonight she told me I was a really attractive man. I laughed and thanked her and she said she felt comfortable saying that as there is no sexual tension of any sort and knows all we will be is friends. She is a great girl and I am glad we reconnected.

When I got home the husband and I went to the bar/restaurant around the corner for a quick bite. I like to be aware of my surroundings and usually take notice even superficially. When we got home a friend from Milwaukee texted me. HE said a girlfriend of his who I had met about a year ago when out with him was sitting next to us at the bar but chickened out on saying hi. I quickly said, oh the black Irish girl in a green sweater with a green skin on her Blackberry. He was impressed.

I am having drinks with my broker girlfriend tomorrow. We are going to go to a friend's fashion show downtown and drink for free- woo hoo. I can't drink too much though as I have to make dessert for Friday evening at MP's house.

No comments: