Wednesday, February 4, 2009

That was a bit brutal

So Mr. Markopolos was nothing less than brutally honest when he spoke to the House Committee about the MadeOff scandal. He told them they should fire the entire SEC staff and hire new people who had gray or no hair as they would be best at catching and detecting fraud. The guy was brilliant but definitely did not make any friends in the current bureaucracy that is the SEC. I think the two most important things he said were: 1) There are still twelve feeder funds who have not yet confessed to being involved in the MadeOff scandal and b)HE is going to turn in what he termed a mini-MadeOff who is possibly running a $1 billion scam. That person has got to be shitting himself or herself.

I think he should be the new SEC head but he declined when asked if he wanted to do with the qualifier that in two years he could. I'd work for him. Speaking of the new SEC head, our President's nominee is part of the whole crowd that enabled MadeOff and hob-nobbed with him. She also tried to say it was not her job to catch him as the head of the NASD/FINRA. Talk about shirking ones duty.

The action in the tape today was so not encouraging. There is definitely something coming down the pipe in the only two remaining "money center" banks. The scary thing is BAC is under $5 so it cannot be used for margin anymore. Anyone who is or was using it for margin or as part of some synthetic trade is screwed. I may be wrong in my earlier assertion that Shitigroup should just be turned into the "bad bank."


The husband went swimming today after work as we signed up for our June triathlon today. He needs to get a base of some sorts in before we start training in earnest at the end of the month. I went to the gym after work and there were a lot of the usual hotties again. Then I met the husband at our favorite local dining establishment for dinner.

The oldest son has the whole teenage drama thing down to a T. he got his report card and had a C in math. He asked if he could still get picture messaging for his cell. I said no, the deal was all grades had to be Bs or higher. He proceeds to give me "This sucks." "My life sucks, it is so unfair." Every line except for "I hate you." I told him I loved him and good night, go to bed we'll talk tomorrow. He called me when we got home from dinner and apologized for his tirade. I was impressed because maybe- just maybe- it is a sign he is growing up.

Tomorrow is the actual date of our three year anniversary. Our plans are to hit the gym, make dinner at home and watch those fabulous Winchester brothers.

No comments: