Wednesday, February 18, 2009

It was kind of like that show Tool Time

So Friday morning while I was waiting for the bus the cute guy with the hand injury was standing next to me. I was reading my BBRGs on my crackberry when he said hi. I said hi back to him.

Friday night we had dinner at MP's apartment in the city with her mom and her best friend. I had made dessert which was a caramel- walnut pie with tart cherries. I had never made it before but it came out great and was a huge hit. MP said we had to take the rest home with us or she'd end up eating it all.

Thursday night while we were watching t.v we heard a loud noise. I thought shit, one of the photos I hung fell- he's gonna kill me. I checked all of them and nope, not one of the photos. Just for the hell of it I checked our closet- yep. Apparently one of the fixed wire rack shelves was not installed properly. Ripped the dry wall anchors right out. So, Saturday morning while I took our younger dog to the vet (she's a dirty girl who has a habit of eating other dogs' shit and now has roundworm) the husband went to Homo Depot and got a new shelf, dry wall anchors, braces and S-hooks for the rod. I had to drill new holes, install the dry wall hooks, re-hang the shelf and then put all the clothes back up.

The husband got the brilliant idea of adding another shelf to the coat closet since we have the space. So I did that as well.

Since it was Mr. Barrett's favorite holiday I made dinner for the husband Saturday evening. We then went into the city and caught The International with TK. It was an ok movie- made me think of the whole BCCI scandal which I believe was the intent. I would say wait for it to come out on dvd instead of going to see it in the theater. Afterwards we grabbed a drink and realized it was almost 1 AM so we called it an evening.

Sunday we were pretty lazy and Monday as well. I did go to the gym Monday at a much earlier time than the norm and I have to say that all the hotties definitely go there between 6-8:30 PM. The husband did not go as he has started his triathlon training program already. He decided on a 20 week program which I think is overkill for a sprint. He bought one of those bike stand training aids. Monday morning he set it up in the boys room in front of their t.v. and rode it while watching Doom. He suggested I use it as well but it seems way to much work to change the axle on a bike and then set it up on the stand- I'll stick with stationary bikes for now until the weather gets warmer and then hit the road.

Yesterday morning I swam and felt good about it. The tape was kind of scary and I have to say I think we will see the NOV lows this week and possibly make new ones. There still is no real plan and today the cram down provision became official. The thing that annoys me is that people who already have a LEGAL obligation to pay off a loan they took will now get rewarded by the government if they continue doing what they are already obligated to do by law. Hell, I think everyone who doesn't break the law should get a $1000 bonus from the government for five years.

So Austrian banks are quite possibly on the verge of collapse. The weird and eerie thing is that the last time they collapsed was 1930. You figure it out. I am starting to think that once the government stops telling the press to call it the Great Regression and what it is- a depression- it will be too late and we will be close to scraping along the multi-year bottom.

Last night we did our second tour of duty at the FI Share-A-Thon. IT did not start out well as I got there at the same time as our last one but the place was full and I secured us a crappy table. The other thing that scared me was they were playing show tunes. I believe it was Ethel Merman belting out There's No Business Like Show Business. The bartender was really cute this time though and I needed a drink as I almost had a large error at work involving derivatives. I did wear the outfit the husband told me would help sell shares- tight tee shirt and tight, low-riding jeans. We'll see if it was successful.

I had drinks with a friend from college who works in the city tonight. We reconnected through facebook. She works for a cuisine magazine. I said I have a friend who has his own olive oil company I casually told her. She knows him and had dinner with him last week. She is also most likely going to get divorced. I have found that once old friends I reconnect with find out I am divorced I instantly become their go to guy for all questions about the process. It is at the point were I dread hearing from a friend they are going down that path as it sucks for all involved and I get questioned too much when I am not a lawyer nor do I play one on t.v.

We're going to probably have her out to our home for dinner in the next few months.

No comments: