Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Here we go again...

Apparently I sleep walk- well according to the husband. I don't believe it but I do know that from time to time my oldest when he is with us does it. I guess it is possible that if my son does it maybe he gets it from me. I do remember my younger brother doctor did it from time to time.

There was a cute guy on the bus this morning that I had seen before from time to time, I think he may take karate with me but I noticed he had a hand injury.

This morning I saw on my crackberry that the BOJ is back to its old ways- as in buying stocks directly to support their economy. I think it is to be noted because it is only a matter of time before the Fed starts doing it out in the open in a legal manner. If you don't think they have done it since '87 on occasion then you are smoking crack.

GM and Chrysler are offering to buy out all union employees. That is a bit audacious and kind of ironic that they got government funds from the Democrats and will use it to put one of their most stalwart voting bases out of jobs. I wonder if the union workers take the buyouts will the government not count them in the unemployment figures since they have chosen to no longer work.

MOT is a dead company I think. They have not had any kind of product anyone wants sine they came out with the RAZR. That will add to the unemployment numbers. So will ERTS cutting 1,100 jobs.

I believe if California were on it's own it would rank as the sixth largest economy in the world. It has a huge impact on our national economy so when I see it's debt rating is cut to the lowest of all fifty states that gets me worried. Plus they are not paying their citizens any refunds due them. The weather may be great out there but I'll take the east coast any time. I am also rushing to get my taxes done in case Governor Corizine decides the Governator had a good idea.

Speaking of taxes it is not a good sign our President had to expend so much political capital on Tom Daschle. I am glad the guy withdrew his nomination today, especially after I read a Salon article written by one of the lefts own describing how much of a sleaze bag he is even by Beltway standards. The line I loved was about how Daschle would "suck a corpse for a cheeseburger." It kind of makes me laugh at how three of the President's nominees like the idea of tax and spend but not the idea of paying taxes themselves. At least two of them had the decency to withdraw.

CDOs were such a great hit and success that Wall Street is now going to do it all over again. Apparently thirty-six regional banks are going to issue FDIC backed debt. All of that debt is then going to get pooled and resold as a "pass-thru" note. The underlying is FDIC insured but the pass-thru note is not. I've seen this play before, know how it ends and hope this deal is a failure. I am also not thrilled with the lack of transparency. The thirty-six banks involved aren't being named.

I have gotten harassed by the husband and most of his friends (TK in particular) about my Rockports. I love them and they are the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn but I have worn them out. Saturday the husband made me buy new shoes. I am not a big fan of lace up so we finally found a pair of loafers I liked. They were kind of expensive and he advised me not to wear them in inclement weather. I wore them today in the nor'easter. The last time I lived in Hoboken there was a nor'easter. I lived in a garden apartment. My roommate the day before unknowingly unplugged the pump for our apartment. IT flooded. It was not fun. Glad we live on a higher floor now.

1 comment:

Tim said...

finding out that one sleep walks is always disturbing. I once woke up in my sisters room when i was 13 and everyone was confused and such. Than last year I went on a sleep walking spree and once even suspected that I sleep drove. but watching my eating habits and reducing my sugar intake right before bed seems to have helped. my bf has not mentioned it though I did warn him. I'm kinda curious what would happen if he woke me up during it.
Got my taxes done and refunded already, I thought the same thing.
I'm happy Daschle was stopped the delays gave the republicans enough cover to thwart the "stimulus" I'm more and more aware of the similarities of the democrats last attempt to stop the great Depression and how great that went down. I'm starting to wonder who will be the next germany...