Thursday, March 10, 2011

WTF is Pseudio? Wait it's sussudio? That is frackin' dumb as shit....

This past weekend was quite fun.  Friday night we had ST and PJ over to the cottage for dinner with the boys.  ST is definitely a bad influence on the boys, lol.  He immediately went right to their level of maturity and dinner was actually quite fun.  I was impressed with the boys being very polite and minding their Ps and Qs the entire night.  Even better the husband also thanked them at lunch Saturday for being great dinner company and behaving.

Saturday morning my younger brother, his wife and sons came over for brunch.  It was a lot of fun and I forgot how fun three year olds are and how much more fun they are when they are not your three year olds, lol.  The afternoon was spent in the kitchen making chocolate chip cookies for PJ as I did it once before and the man has come close to haranguing me for more since.  I dropped them off and told ST they were PJ's and if he wanted any he had to ask.

Sunday's run sucked plain and simple.  Granted it was only nine miles (did I just write " it was only nine miles- WTF?) but it was in the rain.  The weather forecast was for on and off rain but it really did not matter as our timing was off- yes the husband ran with me.  He did not finish the entire nine miles though.  At least when I got back to the cottage he greeted me at the door with towels to dry off before I jumped in a hot shower.   I then got back into the kitchen and made ST my famous triple berry crumb top pie.  I then dropped the boys off at their mom's house and then dropped off the still warm pie at ST's place.

Work has been interesting to say the least as all the usual office politics and power plays that I have no really been involved in for at least ten years are back with full force.  It is exactly why I will never go after my boss's job as it is everything I detest about my line of work. 

The markets may seem to finally be getting a does of reality recently.  Greece is still most likely going to default as will Ireland.  Portugal and Spain are next. 

The situation in North Africa and the Middle East is no better.  I have to admit the whole non-response response the Administration has had to the Libyan situation is deviously brilliant even if unintentional.  If we decide to agree to a no-fly zone over Libya what will we then morally have to do when the Saudis crush their protests?  Speaking of Saudi Arabia, supposedly today the Saudi security force either fired rubber bullets, used stun grenades or fired live ammunition on Shiite protesters in the eastern provinces.

Charlie Sheen- Mr. Barrett said it best:  Is he on coke or meth?  He can afford coke and it is most likely easy to score in L.A. but all his rantings point to meth.

I have intentionally been calling everyone on the phones at work chief, pal, sport, sporto, buddy, kid or some other name like that as it is incredibly old school and usually it is from some moron in the business who most likely doesn't know your given name.  It stops people pretty much in their tracks, lol.

Phil Collins is retiring?  Wow.  I thought he did years ago.  I must admit though that all through junior high school and high school and even into probably my freshman year of college I actually enjoyed Genesis and Phil Collins and even Mike and The Mechanics.  I am certain my sound track through high school consisted of Genesis, U2 and Van Halen.

The bus has been rather disappointing lately for eye candy.  The gym however has sort of made up for it.  Oh and my secret boyfriend at work- as in it is my secret and he doesn't know- has made things nice too.

No comments: