Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Kinks song kept going thru my mind

So the official stats of my race are an 8:21 pace, 1:49:21 official time, 1:42 age graded time, 2990th out of 10,184 runners.  I have no idea what an age graded time is but I think it is something similar to normalized earnings.  I was surprised that I had finished in the top 29% of all runners.  Oddly in my age group I did much worse, it seems that the 40-44 yr old group is one of the toughest.

Next week is spring break with the boys.  We are going to four different places- the front yard, the back yard, the garage and the basement.  It is a staycation this year as I just don't have the money currently to go away somewhere fabulous.  Instead the boys, the husband and I will be cleaning up all the fallen branches in the front and back yards, raking all the leaves up, cleaning and organizing the garage and cleaning and organizing the basement.  I told them that this means we will be going away somewhere fabulous for Christmas break though. 

Last night I was back at the middle school yet again, this time for orientation fr incoming 6th grade parents.  Yes I and the ex have done this before but we went again as what kind of signal does it send to your child that you will go for their sibling but not them.  Don't get me wrong- we cut out early, lol.

Speaking of the ex- we decided to do the same thing we did for high school orientation.  I picked her up and we drove one car to the school.  She got in the car and handed me a blueberry muffin.  Here, eat it, I made, it's still warm.  I immediately was suspicious, one might even say paranoid.  She never baked or cooked when we were married.  She still most likely has unresolved anger issues.  She has that fiery Mediterranean blood in her.  My response was thanks, I am not hungry right now, I'll eat it later.  I got to the local restaurant to meet the husband, PJ and ST for dinner afterwards.  The husband got in the truck with me and saw the muffin and said oooh, a muffin reaching for it.  I screamed stop!  I told him don't touch it, it is from the ex.  I then threw it out of the moving truck into the canal.

I stayed at the cottage last night and took the train up this morning.  It was not a bad commute and there was some passable eye candy.

I am really offended at the JPM commercials touting how they are there for everyone to help this recovery get moving.  Please- they are only concerned about how much money they can make, they have no serious interest in helping people.  It should offend everyone who hears it.

TEPCO keeps telling everyone the Fukishima is not Chernobyl, it is completely different.  So when they talk about encasing the reactors in a concrete dome- just like Chernobyl- they mean it is a different type of concrete and a different type of dome duh. 

The oddest thing though was Edano suggesting they could just put cloth over the reactor.  When that statement came out, one of the people we do business with in Japan made the comment:  "Ok, now it's getting embarrassing(er)."

Portugal two year notes are yielding over 8%!  What the frack?  The bond market is telling you Portugal is a goner, no ifs, ands or buts about it.  Once they go, it will be adios Spain.  Since we are on the topic of the eurozone, let's talk Ireland.  It seems the current Irish government is going to impose losses on the senior bond holders of bank debt.  I asked my bond friend on a scale of somewhat bad, bad or really bad where that would fall for the sovereign debt market specifically and the debt market generally.  His response was somewhere between bad and really bad.  Sadly it is what has to happen to get things started moving in the right direction.  If I recall correctly it would also be a repudiation of the bailout the former Irish government accepted from the EU.

Friday night the husband and I are going to see Insidious.  It looks pretty good.

No comments: