Thursday, February 24, 2011

It was just like that Fringe episode where the bus got encased in aber...sorta

Yesterday morning I took the bus that goes thru the back part of town and I have to say I may need to reconsider taking that one more often as the talent on that line is much better in the morning.  For training I had a short run to do- just four miles, which the husband joined me in running.

This morning the bus ride was slightly more annoying.  I caught the 7 AM bus which usually gets me in to the office within twenty four minutes.  Sadly today there was an accident involving three buses and a motorcycle.  So we waited for a bit.  Then we were moved to buses in the other lane- that would be the left lane.  I ended up on a bus direct from Staten Island.  Thankfully there were seats.  We then waited for four frackin' hours! I did not get into the office until 11:45 AM.  The first thing I did was hit the head as there was no bathroom on the bus.  After that the day went by rather quickly.

I couldn't but help laugh when I heard Gaddafi said he's fight until the last drop of blood.  So dead to the last drop- much like Maxwell Coffee.  The rumors of him fleeing- first it was Venezuela and then Zimbabwe- are laughable.  Venezuela is pretty ripe for a similar fate as Tunisia, Egypt and Libya.  the three Ds are all present there.  When he went on tv to give a speech all I could think of was the SNL skit with him addressing the U.N. which we promptly found on hulu.

China is still tightening in case you forgot.  They have issued new restrictions on banks lending to local governments.  While we are still in Asia it seems South Korea has a slight banking issue.  Ostensibly eight banks have been shut down and taken over by the government because of management issues but really it is because all eight suffered huge runs on them.  Yes they are small banks but the trend is disturbing.

The bus ride home tonight was the requisite 24 minutes which surprised given recent history.  I did a six mile run when I got home.  Tomorrow I have a four mile run to do and Sunday is the one I am dreading- 12 miles.

No comments: