Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Where to start

Where to begin?  So last Friday the bus ride in was kind of interesting as there was a smokin' hot Italian looking guy on the bus- spring must be in the air if the hotties are starting to show up on the bus again.

Last Thursday night I had drinks with a girlfriend.  She is on the rebound after having moved back here from the west coast- she followed a boy there and I was the only one to tell her it was a mistake.  So we just caught up and had a nice time drinking.  She invited a girlfriend of hers to join us.  The girlfriend lives i Hoboken as well and she is a record executive.  It was a lot of fun until I decided to whip out my iPod to show her how cool I was because I have eclectic tastes in music, lol.  The girlfriend did however tell me any time the husband and I want to join her and her husband for Sunday night meatballs and gravy we are welcome.

the husband is starting to make me a bit nervous.  He went and bought himself Crocs...the lined kind.  They are black and I need to find Mr. Barrett's list of what the color of your Crocs say about your sexual preferences.  If he starts wearing lots of flannel and decides we need a Subaru of any type I will be very scared.

The three day weekend was a mixed bag.  It was going to be somewhat busy- we had the boys for the weekend, Sunday we were going to have my younger brother,his wife and sons over for brunch and then have PJ and ST over for dinner.

Saturday we installed the floating shelves in the kitchen for the glasses and plates- we have no uppers because it is a small kitchen and we didn't have the money for more cabinets so floating shelves were a more frugal option.  It took us a while.  After that I made dinner- my faux coq au vin which my oldest loves.   We then went to the movies to catch I Am Number Four.

Well the best laid plans often go astray as the husband caught some kind of stomach bug Friday and by Saturday night he was out of it.  We went to see I Am Number Bore Four.  During the movie he leaned over and asked if he felt hot.  I told him no.  Well he was up at least four times in the middle of the night running to the bathroom.  He stayed in bed all day Sunday.  I decided to take the boys and get out of the house to let him rest in peace.  We went and saw The Eagle.  IT was slightly better than Saturday night's movie choice.  The truly only redeeming quality of both choices was the hot leads in them.

Monday was a kind of lazy day- sort of.  I got up and went to the gym to do my long run- 11 miles.  I was not going to do it outside because of the snow and I forgot to bring my running gloves- don't laugh there are gloves specifically for running in cold weather.  Holy shit running 11 miles on a treadmill totally sucks ass.  The treadmill had a sixty minute time limit on it so I had to do that then start all over again- I did the run in just under one hour and forty minutes.

I got home and the husband and I did some more finishing work in the kitchen.  We attached the back panel to the kitchen peninsula and then installed the last of the baseboards in the kitchen. At this point I am a master of mitre cuts with the compound mitre saw.

Pizza for lunch which was ok- we still haven't found a great local pizza place but the place we got it from does have strombolis- not that easy to find.  Then the boys and I played some House of The Dead 2 on the Wii.  It was quite fun but we still suck trying to get past The Magician.  After that it was time to drop the boys off at their mom's house.  Then when I got back the husband and I rearranged the den and cleaned up, stripping the beds and getting together all the dirty laundry.

So- Wisconsin.  It is not that easy of an issue.  I have issues with public employees being allowed to unionize.  That being said though they have had the right for decades now and you can't just take it away from them.  We need to go through the legal process if we want to change that.  I also have issues with the fact that approximately two thirds of the corporation in Wisconsin pay no- as in zero- taxes.  Hello?  WTF is that all about?  How about the corporations pay their fair share before you go and attack the people who are the backbone of this country?  Funny how the governor passes a huge tax cu and then tells the teachers, cops, firemen, etc that they now have to take a hit.  Yes, the public employees should pay for part of their health care and they should have a 401(k) like everyone else but to tell them you are prepared to call out the National Guard before they have even done anything is pure and simple pre-emptive intimidation- and wrong.

Which brings me to what I like to call the 3 Ds- disenfranchised, disaffected and disillusioned.  When you have a large portion of a population in the 3 Ds you are going to have problems.  It's happened in Tunisia and Egypt, is occurring in Libya and many other places.  If you think it can't happen here you are clearly distracted by the bread and circuses being provided by our elites.  Oh and yes there are elite sin this country- we are after all now an oligarchical plutocracy.

Speaking of Libya.  It is entirely possible Libya is the spark for round two of European problems.  How is that possible?  Well mainly because every MSM outlet- whether right or left- is proclaiming it is not a big deal, Libya  is only 2% of oil production, blah blah blah.  Yeah well Libya also provides huge amounts of oil to Italy- one of the Is in the PIIGs.  So if it is buh-bye for Libya then Italy could face another hit to their teetering economy due to energy constraints.  The problem is that the U.S. will most likely do nothing as the bigger issue is what happens in Saudi Arabia.  We most likely have no current contigency plan for the Kingdom of Saud.

I want to see Red Riding Hood.  It looks like a pretty good twist on the conventional werewolf flick and reminds me of the comic book Crimson from the late '90s.

I was surprise dlast night by a text from my oldest.  He told me his best friend knows about me.  I replied knows what- I am really cool?  Really smart?  He did not reply so I got serious and asked him you told him I am gay and about Alex?  He said yes.  I asked how and why?  He said his other best friend- the one who he already told because they were talking about his gay cousin- told him he should.  I was very surprised as I am pretty sure it is not easy for him to talk about with his friends and I asked how it went- was the reaction negative, positive or a non issue.  the reply was positive it seems.  I sent him an email this ornig tellig him how proud I am of hima nd that he is lucky to have friends likethat but that not everyone he knows will have a positive reaction and that he will need to be the judge of who he wants to tell or not tell.

3 comments:

Anchard said...

Soul sister, please - you WISH you had a Subaru.

Yours in Gaia,
A

Tim said...

The Saud's are indeed the biggest problem by far, As a Humanist I think these revolutions are inevitable and needed. However I'm kinda dreading what the changeover will be like.

Anonymous said...

My advice: "Go barefoot before you wear crocs." BG