Saturday, February 12, 2011

How the hell did this happen so fast?

So the last time I watched the Steelers play in the Super Bowl was five years ago- Super Bowl XL.  They beat the Seahawks 21-10.  More importantly at that Super Bowl party I met the husband.  So we were psyched that five years later the Steelers were in again.  Sadly they lost this time but I am still a big time winner. 

Speaking of Super Bowl XLV- two things stood out- #87 Jordy Nelson on the Packers and #83 Heath Miller on the Steelers.  Woof!  I think I'd take Jordy over Heath honestly.

Super Bowl Sunday started off with a ten mile run.  The weather was nice- high thirties and sunny.  The only thing that sucked was I misread my training schedule and actually only had to do an eight mile run.  So I will be repeating the ten mile run tomorrow.

Monday I had drinks after work with an Australian business associate who is actually from New Zealand but works for an Australian company.  He was quite cute, lol.

Wednesday was the dojo- sweep the leg!  Nothing to note and I was not too sore Thursday morning and I was able to get up and do my five mile run..

Thursday night I actually had to go to high school orientation for parents of incoming freshmen.  Holy shit how did this happen?  My oldest is going to be a frackin' freshman i high school!  The weirdest part was the ex suggested I just pick her up on the way because it is always a hassle parking at the school on nights like that.  I am concerned that she is acting a bit too normal and almost nice these days.  We did agree though that all the parents asking the stupid and annoying questions definitely got tagged by the administration as trouble makers for the next four years.

Thursday night I stayed at the cottage with the husband and got my ass out of bed very early to catch a train in to the city so I could get to the gym before work and do my three mile run.

Train back down again last night after work and picked up the boys for the weekend.  I was exhausted by 10 PM.  I told the boys it was bed time for everyone after we all watched Supernatural.

This morning the husband and I attached all the cabinet pulls in the kitchen.  Finally we have handles to grab instead of grabbing the edge of the drawers or bottoms of doors.

Then it was time for me and the boys to go exploring in the woods on the property.  Once we crossed the little creek on the properyy the first thing was came upon was a deer carcass.  We then made it back to the canal which is frozen over very Hans Brinker like.  The boys of course wanted to walk across it but I said absolutely not.  They are going to have fun back there this summer.

So Mubarak is gone and everyone thinks it's great.  Ok, it is a good thing but am I the only one asking what next?  Mubarak fleeing does not instantly provide food, stop massive food inflation or provide jobs for all the unemployed.  We really have no idea what the end game on all of this is.  the military could decide they are going to run things a bit longer than everyone else wants them to and that could cause even more problems.

Tonight the husband is making dinner and then we are going to go see The Eagle.  It got mixed to good reviews.  Channing Tatum is in it and Jamie Bell  is too and they seem to be shirtless quite often.

No comments: