Tuesday, December 7, 2010

'Tis the season

I am starting to get disappointed with the level of talent/guy candy on the bus.  I am not sure what has happened to all the hot guys lately but they are either getting in earlier than me or they have become part of the U-6 and are no longer in need of a early morning bus ride.

We did not get a family picture done this year so we are just sending out plain, boring Christmas cards.  I am not sure how we did not find the time to get one done but whatevuh- no big deal.

I logged onto the portal the school district provides for parents to see up to the minute grades for their kids only to find out my oldest- who missed honor roll by one point in one class in the first marking period- has a frackin' 40 in his social studies class so far this marking period.  I flipped and sent his mom an explicative laced text message.  funny how I then get a call from my oldest after he got home from school to discuss it and he told me he had lost his cell phone privileges for the week.

Our company Christmas  Holiday party is being held at a barbecue joint and it is Western themed.  I have no clue why or how this decision was made but being the good gay that I am I of course took to heart the suggestion to dress the part as we love dressing up and sometimes go over the top.  My holiday party attire arrived today- don't you love the Internet and two day shipping?  I went against my friends MP and PF's axiom of never ordering shoes over the Internet and found cowboy boots for $49.  I then got a belt with a big ass, shiny buckle.  Next was the shirt- made by Ely- never heard of the company but it has embroidery and snaps instead of buttons.  The coup de grace- the felt hat by Justins- black of course as just as I could not wear white at the second wedding, a white hat would be inappropriate.  The husband wants to see me in my outfit so I told him he will tomorrow night.  He is currently down at the cottage as the refrigerator gets delivered tomorrow and then he has to get back up here for a Christmas party in the city and then he has dinner with friends from the business.  Otherwise I will wake him early Thursday so he can take a gander at me.

I am psyched to see Tron:  Legacy.  The boys are up for it too so we'll all probably see it the weekend it opens.

The bond market had a big ol' oops today.  The smart kid who works with me sent out an email showing today's action was close to a two standard deviation move- not normal and the last time in recent history it occurred was right before the sub-prime mess started.  My question of course was does this presage another crisis about to hit?  

No comments: