Monday, December 27, 2010

It's apparently only Newport these days

So it was quite an adventure.  I got up my usual time figuring it would be an interesting commute.  I had to high step it through a good twenty inches of drifting snow along the Hudson to get to Hoboken Terminal.  I got about halfway there when I cam face to face with a cute guy in sweats, a big puffy jacket and ski hat who had apparently stopped to rest as he was laboriously breathing- almost rasping.  He said oh, cool you've made a path for me.  I should have said yeah, it leads back to my apartment, go wait there for me to get home, lol.  I did not.  I got to the terminal and my usual coffee guy was not open.  The buses were not running but Dunkin' Donuts was open so I got an ice coffee- garnering stares from the guy behind the counter.  Then it was on the PATH.

NYC on a snow day before 7 AM is a ghost town.  It was actually really cool until I stepped into a huge slush puddle.

I was one of only two people in my area that made it in and I think a total of twenty people at most made it in.  Not a big deal as most everyone else logged on from home and it was not a problem.

The day was painfully slow.  The only thing that saved it was being semi-short handed, so it seemed busy.  One of the senior people made it in and he came down to say he was ordering pizza for everyone who made it in.  He is notorious for having alligator arms so we joked one pizza is not enough- behind his back of course, lol.

Tonight I was supposed to hop on the train down to the cottage, spend the night at PJ and ST's farm with my parents and the husband.  Of course NJ Transit did not cooperate.  There was no train traffic between NY Penn Station and Newark Penn Station.  No problem so I figured I'd hop in the PATH to Journal Square and catch the WTC line to Newark Penn Station.  Except there was no PATH service between Journal Square and Newark Penn Station.  Back on the PATH to Pavonia/Newport, called the husband and told him I'd be down on the first train tomorrow morning.

When I got off the PATH I then realized it is no longer the Pavonia/Newprt Station.  It is now solely the Newport Station.  Maybe I am just old school but I liked it better as Pavonia/Newport and think they should have dropped the Newport moniker instead.

I caught a show The Rules of Engagement and have to say Oliver Hudson is pretty damn hot.  I of course had to wiki him and found out he is the son of Goldie Hawn and was on Dawson's Creek.

No comments: