Sunday, December 26, 2010

Thunder snow

Christmas Eve was great.  I picked up the boys around 10 AM and they were getting ready for what they thought was the usual drive back to Jersey City and when I pulled into the drive way of the cottage they both freaked out in a good way and were totally psyched the husband and I bought the cottage.  They were beyond happy.  We decorated the Christmas tree and then they got to open their gifts.  The net books were a big hit and the husband got them cases for them for when they are travelling.  I took them back to their mom's mid-afternoon and hooked up their new wifi router there.  There was a big argument of what to name the network so I named it after their cat and then created a password since they could no agree on one.

Next I was off to PJ and ST's farm as the husband and I made a huge Christmas Eve dinner.  There was maple-sage butter basted turkey, string beans with ginger and garlic, potato mousseline, spiked cranberry relish (it was spiked with Gran Marnier), gravy, cornbread stuffing with apples and jalapenos and then regular stuffing.  For dessert I had made two things Thursday night when I arrived at the farm- a Christmas cake and a new recipe, spiced sweet potato pudding.  The pudding was a huge fail- most likely because I did not have all the proper equipment, as in a food processor.  The cake was a hit though.

Christmas morning we slept in late, then went across the road to do some cleaning up and a bit more work on the cottage.  We then picked up coffee and donuts.  Back to the farm and time to open presents.  I loved everything Santa brought me, the husband loved everything Santa brought him especially the iPad he got.  the husband has decided it will stay at the cottage and be used as a house computer.

Then it was time to shower up and off to my brother's house for Christmas dinner with his family and my parents.  We had a blast and it wasn't even because we did not have to do the cooking.  It was nice to see my parents, brother and sister-in-law but the nephews were the bet part.  Toddlers are awesome especially when they are not yours.

We got back to the farm and watched some television and had some left overs.  Then bed time.

This morning we got up, headed over to the cottage and finished off the flooring.  Well not all of it actually, I still need to install two reducers between the hallway and the bed rooms.  After that we are done with hardwood installations.

I grabbed an early train back as I have to work tonight in Asia and there is a blizzard hitting the area.  The walk from the PATH station to the building totally aspirated.  The wind drove the snow into my face and started giving me a headache.  The weirdest part though was hearing the thunder.  I had read that thunder and lightning are possible during snow storms but had never heard nor seen either.  Well as of tonight I have experienced both and it is pretty cool...

No comments: