Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sell out

Friday night I picked the boys up and we drove back to the apartment in Jersey City.  As we were driving Temper Trap's "Sweet Disposition" came on.  My oldest said he loved the song and asked me to turn it up so I did and on a whim asked if he wanted to sing along with me.  He said sure!  LOL!  I really don't know all the lyrics whereas he did and he totally surprised me.  It was one of the better highlights of being a dad and was very cool/sweet that he agreed to sing along with me.

The husband got up early and went down to the cottage as he had to meet the electrician to handle putting in the high hat lights in the kitchen.  He decided to spend the whole day down there and he cleaned up and organized the garage and cleaned out the screened in porch as it had lots of scrap wood and crap on it.  The boys and I had a fun day.

We spent the entire afternoon on the ice rink in front of the building.  It was typical of my sons.  They really did not want to ice skate and dragged their feet getting ready.  Once we were on the ice though they could not get enough.  Almost two hours later I told them me toes were starting to get cold and I had to make dinner.  We first ran to TGT to get something to watch something watch for the evening as I was still fighting the cold I had and did not want to go out.  So we ended up getting Supernatural Season 5.  Dinner was homemade sauce, meatballs and rigatoni.  then everyone showered up and got a bowl of candy and we settled in to watch tv.  We made it through the first disc (the first four episodes) when it was pretty late and everyone wanted to go to bed.

This morning we were up sort of late.  I had to have the boys back to their mom's house early today because they had a Christmas party to attend.  I dropped them off then went right over to the cottage where I had to cut out some of the kitchen ceiling to accommodate the remainder of the high hat lights going into the kitchen.

Then we showered up at PJ and ST's house across the road and were off to a Christmas party a co-worker of mine had invited us to.  We had the kids with us and we left them in the car with their sweaters on and went to the party.  I took a break and went outside to have a dip and let the kids out to do their business and my co-worker came out to meet them.  She was very impressed with how well behaved they were and that they listened to me.

I am surprised at how quickly Vampire Weekend has sold out with their song "Holiday."  Seriously  it is being used for everything and has gotten to the point of annoying.  The only ads with Christmas music that I find more annoying are those Toyota ads with the hipster looking group singing.

So it looks like some one's bluff is about to get called over on the Korean Peninsula.  The South is going ahead with their live artillery drills and the North has vowed to attack if they do.  Then I read a headline tonight (yes I am actually working as I write this) about a refinery that exploded in the South.  I immediately went to GOOG maps and checked out where it was and it is far south of the DMZ.  Still, who knows how many sleeper cells the North has in the South.

This week at work is a shortened one.  It should be fairly quiet and tame barring a hot war in Korea.

No comments: