Monday, October 4, 2010

Hemlock, mosaic green and pale moon

Just catching up since over the weekend.  Thursday morning there was  a real cute guy on the bus bit he was wearing two clashing plaids.  I am not exactly a fashion plate- I like to illustrate the differences between my fashion sense and style by contrasting them to the husbands; mine is closer to Sindarin while the husband's is more like Quenya- but I digress.

There was actually a second hot guy on the bus that morning too- big burly looking blond with a brush cut.  He also had a rather mean looking mug- probably because he is not getting laid enough.

Thursday was back to school night for my oldest son.  Surprisingly the ex actually saved a seat for me in homeroom.  The first thing I noticed is why my oldest likes his homeroom teacher- she is an attractive blond with an ample bosom.  She also happens to be his science teacher.  The other cool thing I thought was I can know see all his grades and everything else about school on line.  They have a portal you can sign in and view it all.  Sucks for him but cool for me.

Friday morning was a non event on the bus.    It was also relatively quiet at work.  Friday night we went and saw Let Me In with JD and JW to celebrate the start of Shocktober.  I would rather have seen Case 39 but the vote went against me.  I don't know why the rest wanted to see it as we all saw the Swedish movie it was a cover of, Let The Right One In.

Saturday morning we drove down to the cottage for a weekend of painting.  I spent all day Saturday painting the ceiling in the living room, dining room and kitchen.  Painting ceilings totally sucks.  My lower back, neck and shoulders were killing me by the time we finished.  The husband got the first coat of paint up in the bedrooms.  Sunday we put up the first coat in the living room and dining room, got he second coat up in each of the bedrooms at which point the other rooms were dry so put up the second coat in all of them.  It was a lot of painting.  The colors we chose are blue, aka hemlock, for our room, green, aka mosaic green for the boys room and yellow, aka pale moon for the living room and dining room.  We have not yet decided on a color for the foyer or den.  The den will be difficult as the naughty pine was completely stripped of all varnish and stain.  We are going to seal it and leave it plain.

I think the husband has doubts about my painting skills as he suggested I instead try to remove the linoleum floor in the kitchen instead of helping him finish the second coat in our bedroom.  Funny thing about thirty year old Armstrong flooring- it is glued on.  Parts of it I was able to rip up but we need to rent a heat gun and do it as a team- that will be fun.

I think the boss is upset with me for cheating on him.  We had Thai food for lunch and I skipped the rice.  He looked at me and asked why I wasn't eating the rice and if I was training for another race that I didn't tell him about it.

I skipped the dojo- sweep the leg!- tonight.  The weather sucked,t he husband has a sinus cold and I was still tired from all the painting.  So I came home, made soup for dinner and nursed the husband.

1 comment:

RAD said...

New to your blog! I like! :-)