Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Foolishness is not saying no because you love someone

Lots to catch up on. 

First let's get the boring stuff out of the way.

HR3808 is an abomination, a stealth attempt at TARP 2.0 and shows you who Congress and the President really answer to- if I was in a less generous mood I'd say owned by.  It was an attempt by our corporate finance masters to make sure they could continue with their fraudclosures.  Thankfully the real reporters- the financial blogs out there- raised the alarm, hue and cry.  The President said he would use a pocket veto...how nice of him.  You can bet your ass he would have signed it if he had not been caught on it.  It basically allowed the servers of the mortgages to claim an out of state notarization was valid in another state.

We met the gentleman we do business with in London last Thursday.  Holy shit he looks like he is 12- no wait, 14 at the oldest.  I am sure if you asked him if he thought girls were icky he'd answer in the affirmative...

So there has been a bunch of articles on a big time hedge fund manager who is a huge comic book fan.  I had one of my less lucid moments late today and sent him a BBRG starting with Excelsior and stating Norrin Radd is my favorite hero.  The guy actually replied, lol.  We went back and forth for a few minutes.  I am sure he thinks I am a nut job- not far off base.  At least if he tries to find me on Linked In he'll see I am in the two largest comic book groups and know I am a true believer.

I have been biking a lot recently at the gym and I still doubt the odometer on the eSpinner.  Yesterday I actually got back in the pool for the first time in a long time.  I only swam for twenty minutes but it felt good to be back in the water and I didn't smell like chlorine for the entire day.

Last Thursday I had drinks with a college friend who I actually do business with; not a big deal in and of itself but what made it fun is his new boss.  His new boss just happens to be my ex-father-in-law, lol.  So I gave him some good intell on what buttons he has an dhow to push them.  I also had about twenty beers too many and it was Miller High Life- not my first, second or third choice ever but the bar was having a charity event where every cap from MHL bottles was kept and translated into a ten cents donation to Wounded Warrior.

Last weeks Glee was not bad but I did tell the husband and he completely agreed with me if any song from Yentl was on it we were turning it off.  We did not watch the entire episode obviously...More exciting was the premiere of Caprica.  This season is going to be frackin' great- I can just feel it in my steel cylons bones...

I had the boys this weekend and the husband was down at PJ and ST's dog sitting for them as they were off to Berlin.  Saturday we went into the city for the NY Comic Con.  I actually spied Chris Meloni there with- I assume- his daughter.  The boys and I agreed that it was really crowded this year compared to the last time we went.  After about four hours they were done and ready to go home.  That night we went and saw My Soul To Take- in 3D of course.  It was a good Wes Craven flick.

This weekend we are starting the installation of the hardwood floors.  A friend in my line of work loaned us a bunch of nail guns, an air compressor and compound mitre saw.  The husband went to pick them up Saturday morning and sent me a text letting me know my friend is adorable, lol.  The other thing we did was get a table saw!  I am so psyched!  Power tools rule!  We will need it for when we replace all the baseboards and window and door casings.

So today I did  a really dumb thing:  I agreed to do a trail half marathon in November with the husband.  What the frack was I thinking??  I really can't say no to him and I admit I am slightly competitive.

I got my ass kicked last night at the dojo- Cobra Kai never die!  I got stuck with the black belts and while they thanked me for the excellent workout I did not return the kind words, lol.  Joshu is one lanky, wiry bony-shouldered mother fracker and those shoulders don't feel good when they are getting round into parts of your head, chest, jaw line or neck.  Sempei is about an inch shorter than me and twenty pounds heavier.  I'll most likely see both of them tomorrow night- frackers.

Ok, falling into a slightly misogynistic (I apologize ahead of time to any women who read this) mode:  The husband and I went to the gym tonight (lots of great eye candy there such as Delaware, Rutgers and Brown hat but I digress).  I went to use one pec deck and there was someone using it with a trainer.  I go over to the other one and there is a lady using it.  I ask how many sets she has left and she replies she just started and "There's another one you know?"  with serious snottiness.  I reply yes I know and it is being used too.  Ladies- learn how to let someone work in on equipment.  Don't just sit there and rest and ignore the person who just asked how many sets you have- that is code for can I work in?  Also do not wear one of those mesh baseball-type caps in the gym.  Straight guys think they make you look less attractive and dorky, the gays are horrified you have either bad fashion sense, bad hair or split ends.   I then go over to use the eSpinner.  The tow are being used by women and they are both over the forty minute mark when all the signs clearly say all cardio equipment has a thirty minute time limit during peak hours.  I see the manager and totally rat them out, lol.  A trainer goes over and explains they have to follow the rules.  Both women pull the oh I thought that was just for treadmills.  They also both start shooting daggers with their eyes at me- ha! 

No comments: