Friday, October 15, 2010

Not a luxury liner...

I got up yesterday morning got up and ran my 5 miles.  There is something nice about running on an autumn morning that early when it is still dark and there is a slight chill/crispness in the air.  The winter can be fun as well but I think I am emotionally scarred from my days wrestling in high school and running in the winter meant I was close to being over weight and had to do extra cardio. 

I then had no mental energy to actually pick out pants and a shirt, etc.  So I woke the husband up and asked him to pick a tie for me and commented I kind of wish we'd go back to having to wear suits at the office on a daily basis. 

The bus was rather uneventful.

The new blond guy on Glee- does anyone else think his mouth is all fracked up?  It reminds me of Heath Ledger's   Joker mouth.  Hot body but weird mouth- kinda turns me off.

I played lacrosse from 6th grade on.  So when I see articles in the NYT about it I always read them.  Paul Rabil- holy shit!  If I was not a lax fan I would be after seeing him.  I need to get the ESPN The Magazine body issue.  I also came across another hot opera guy.  Vittorio Grigolo.  Something about dark hair and dark eyes that just get me going.

So the other day I watched a story on BBRG tv about SBUX and how management is trying to slow down their servers.  Are you frackin' kidding me??  The people at SBUX are slow enough, if they go any slower it will completely back fire on them and they will definitely lose even more sales.  The management should be trying them to pick the pace up a bit.
 
Last night after work we had an Oktoberfest.  I had a few beers then pulled a Houdini as I was meeting PF for drinks.  He of course picked the new gay sports bar, Boxers.  It is actually a real sports bar and of course I sat down in front of the hot, blond, shirtless, muscly twenty something bartender.  He was not very friendly; you'd think as a bartender you'd be friendly.  Of course once we bought him a shot he was all smiles and introduced himself as Josh.

This morning I got to rest as Fridays are my rest days for training.  White pants was on the bus and he was hot as usual wearing a pink button down shirt with white collar and blue blazer- I think...lol.

I read how God's Bankers have IT Nazis and the cannot even respond to IMs such as WTF.  So of course every day I now IM the kid I do business there with a WTF first thing in the morning.   The prevents him from replying and he has to actually pick up the phone and converse with me.

Recently when all the talking heads on tv talk about QE2 they make the distinction they are not talking about the ocean liner.  I agree the luxury liner is not a good analogy but there is one that I think is- the Titanic.  QE2 when it comes is going to be a huge failure and do more damage to the economy.  It will also probably drive the ten year rate down below 2% which will be the bell ringing for everyone to get out of the pool because there is a Baby Ruth floating.

The in-laws are coming over tonight.  I will be hosting them.  Tomorrow morning we will drive down to the cottage.  My father-in-law will be the supervisor of us starting the floor installation and he will be measuring out the walls for the book cases we are going to put in.  Today the husband painted the foyer.

No comments: