Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Domo arigato Mr. Roboto

I slept in later this morning- I need to catch up from all the manual labor I did this past weekend.  Speaking of manual labor, the boss and I discussed our weekend activities and came to the conclusion that manual labor for guys like us is cathartic.  It is great to do that kind of work and see immediate results and know they are because of you and not someone else.

I wore a suit and tie to work this morning.  Not only was I being lazy but the boss had also scheduled several new non-U.S. business contacts to come in I did not want to look disrespectful as they were predominately Asian and I know how the are about the whole  "face" thing.

I am a firm believer this market has topped out.  I have finally started walking the walk and not just talking the talk.  Today I moved my 401(k) and every other incentive/savings plan I have to 100% cash.  I don't care if I miss another 5% to the upside.  Don't get me wrong, I was doubting myself until I chatted with my bond friend and he told me he had done almost the same thing but moved into 10 year Treasuries, 30 year Treasuries, gold and cash.  I get those moves but even those moves can generate losses whereas cash can only lose (even more) purchasing power, lol.

I had a quick drink with one of our Asian business contacts after work then met up with the husband and TK for a drink. They were then having dinner and going to some Broadway show- non-musical variety.

I am psyched for this weekend.  Saturday night I am taking my oldest and a few of his friends to go see Paranormal Activity 2.  I told my oldest I'll buy treats but his friends have to buy their own tickets and make sure it is ok with their parents.

No comments: