Monday, July 5, 2010

Sir not ma'am

So last week was quite interesting, amusing, annoying and fun.

First off I re-joined my old gym as the one I had been a member of for the past year was a good gym but highly inconvenient. I took advantage of the corporate discount I get from work as well. The gym next to the office has not changed and there is actually a new hottie who is named Black Tank Top as that is what he wore three of the four days I was there. So my new schedule is to swim Monday mornings (the pool is at a different branch of the chain) and the bike Wednesdays, run Fridays, lifting Tuesdays and Thursdays. I will also still be going to the dojo- sweep the leg!- Monday and Wednesday nights. I am thinking I could also run Tuesday nights and maybe one day on the weekend.

Last Tuesday we met up with TK and saw a movie and had dinner afterwards. We saw Knight & Day and I have to say it was pretty good. Not a great movie but a fun movie and Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz actually made a good team in the flick.

The weekend was awesome. The husband was down at the cottage Thursday so he offered to pick up the boys and bring them home that night then Friday morning he and they and the kids would all drive out to his mom's house. Since it was a three day weekend we were going out there to relax. I said sure. Thursday night they got home and we had some dinner and relaxed. Friday morning they all got up and drove out, I took the train after work.

Friday night we grilled and had a nice dinner. Saturday the weather was amazing. The boys were in the bay swimming as the husband and I sat on the beach and read. I am actually currently reading The Passage. I have to say I am totally into the book and finding it difficult to put down. I did not think I was going to be out on the beach that long so I did not put on any sunscreen and got a bit of a burn Saturday.

Saturday night we went and saw The Last Airbender. Holy shit that movie sucked! The animated series Avatar: The Last Airbender is actually very good but M. Night Shamalamdingdong has proven he peaked real early- like with The Sixth Sense- and could not direct his way out of a paper bag. My youngest was going on and on that he will not go see the sequel. My oldest we decided is a serious Airbender as he can fart like there is no tomorrow; he decided he is not an Airbender but a Firebender.

Yesterday my oldest and I went clamming to catch lunch. I told him we did not need fifty clams this time. We had a lot of fun and he definitely caught many more than I did. I cooked them up with some spicy sausage, tomatoes, shallots, garlic, crushed red pepper and basil- they were a huge hit with everyone.

The in-laws have the perfect place on Long Island to view all the fireworks along the south shore. We sat on the back porch drinking wine and making s'mores watching all of them.

Last night we watched District 9 again and it is still a great movie.

So last week the ECB's Term Deposit Operations (TDO, the ECB's attempt at "sterilising" their monetizations ops) failed miserably. The bid to cover was a 0.6. Taking into account of the Swiss Franc/Euro rates hitting new lows and it would seem many in Europe are getting rid of their euros and moving into Swiss francs. I pointed that out to a certain PM I trade for and stressed agian said PM may want to reevaluate the Spanish banks they own. The response was the PM was acting rational- the implication I was being irrational. I took that the wrong way and started to write a response when the boss told me to simmer down. I then asked two former PM I have worked with if I was irrational. Both answered opinionated yes, irrational no. I really hope the Spanish banks blow up hugely just to prove my point yet that would not be good for the entire global economy so I may have to just go with the self-satisfaction that I am not irrational.

What the fuck is a golden share and where can I get one? Apparently the Portuguese government has one and used it to prevent a deal going through involving Portugal Telecom. Is it just one share? It is actually golden? I immediately thought of Willy Wonka and the Golden Ticket...

This will be a busy week as I have business drinks tomorrow night after work, the dojo Wednesday nights, business drinks again Thursday night and we have the boys again this weekend. The husband has offered to again pick them up if he is down at the cottage Friday. I could get used to this occurring.

Thursday night when the husband and the boys were enroute home I called to order dinner. The person who answered had a somewhat androgynous voice and I placed my order and when said person read it back I confirmed it with a yes ma'am. The reply was sir not ma'am. I was so fracking embarrassed. I apologized profusely but I am pretty sure that is why it took over a hour for delivery....

No comments: