Sunday, June 27, 2010

Tempered steel

So this weekend we were down at the cottage doing yard work. I actually removed 20 stumps. It got easier once I bought a pick. Yesterday I took out half of them with just a shovel and my trusty Sawzall. I finished up around 1:45, cleaned up and stored all the tools and started walking over to PJ's house to watch the US/Ghana game. The husband and ST had go to the nursery to get some kind of organic top soil crap to blend in with the soil that formerly held the shrubs. They pulled up as I was walking up the driveway. I noticed quite a few plants in the bed of the truck looked at the husband and he immediately said the plants were ST's and he did not buy anything other than the soil.

We watched the game and I have to say Ghana just wanted to win more than the US did. My lowly opinion was there was a coaching error by the US. Lazy Altidore was useless. He should have been pulled much sooner or possibly not even start the game. Also- why the hell wasn't Ben Feilhaber starting? The guy is a great player. Demerit may be the star of the defense but I have to say Bornstein is a solid player and I am surprised he does not get more attention or ink from the press.

Saturday night ST and PJ took us out to dinner to The Frog and The Peach. The food there was excellent. PJ though complained the food was not interesting enough.

This morning we got up and immediately went and removed the rest of the stumps. I was doing well until I cracked the shovel I was using. Not the wood handle but the actual shovel blade. I told the husband not to mess with me as I can break steel. I then went and got a pick and a tempered steel shovel and the remainder of the stumps came out with no issues.

We went and grabbed some lunch then I took a nap. The husband dropped me off at the train station; he is staying down there to meet with the electrician who is rewiring the bathroom tomorrow.

Friday was the last day of school for the boys. they are officially now on summer vacation.

I have a bunch of trades in Asia tonight, most of it is on auto pilot thankfully. Swimming tomorrow morning and then the dojo- sweep the leg!- after work.

No comments: