Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Villa Straylight

Yesterday morning I got up early and did a 5.3419 mile run. I now the exact distance because I used Gmaps Pedometer when I sat down at the desk. The husband tells me GOOG Earth says a different distance- whatever, I was happy with the run.

The bus ride was interesting. The preppy blond reading the FT on one end of the hot scale and then the short, muscled punk with the shaved head, muscles, ink outline on his inner bicep who had to hurriedly finish his cigarette before he got on the bus at the other end of the hot scale. Very bad boy versus good boy.

So Steve Jobs has been invited by the morons in Congress to speak with them. He is getting set up for an antitrust suit. The thing is the guy is really nuts. I could totally see him going the Tessier-Ashpool route. Lady 3Steve Jobs and the whole shebang orbiting Earth in his satellite. Hell for all we know all the iThings out there are already some kind of collective Wintermute waiting for Jobs' Neuromancer to get on line...

I am a bit confused. So know all the banks may have to take realized gains on certain securities. So let me get this right; when the markets go against the banks' holdings, the banks can use mark to make believe but when they turn the can use mark to market? What is th epoint of having GAAP if it gets used whenever convenient and ignored when inconvenient?

I loved how the EU is out saying Spain has no problems and all is well yet Spain's Treasury Secretary admits there is a liquidity freeze affecting Spanish banks. The more they deny there is anything wrong the more I don't believe them.

The husband was off to the cottage this morning to do some landscaping. I am jealous as he got to borrow ST's chainsaw to take down a bunch of shrubs in the back yard.

Tonight should be interesting as I have to trade in Egypt. Yes, they actually have capital markets in the land of the pharaohs. The opening is at 3:30 AM our time. I just finished trading in Korea which was interesting. Last night I traded in Switzerland, Germany, London, the Netherlands and over night in Israel. Fun, fun, fun, global capitalism really never sleeps. Thankfully I do.

No comments: