Thursday, June 10, 2010

Odds and ends

Short post tonight as I have no notes.

The euro is still fracked, just look at all the deposits in the ECB backstop facility. European banks would rather get paid squat leaving it at the ECB than make more lending it over night to each other.

Credit markets are telling you the equity markets need to lay of the crack and put the pipe down. Like any addict though they aren't listening...yet.

Rich Franklin- totally forgot how hot he is and really hope he beats Lidell.

Last night I attended my youngest son's spring concert. I was psyched when I got there and my oldest had saved a seat for me. He and I had fun and he even scolded me for reading my BBRG messages at the beginning of the concert. Told me to pay attention.

I admit the there is something really sweet and great about fourth graders singing songs. My favorite two songs were a Haitian version of Frere Jacques and Old Dan Fletcher, an old American folk song.

We have the summer intern. He started last week and the boss put him next to me- again. I am not complaining, the interns have been good kids but I at times have to check myself on my comments about various topics.

I was supposed to have drinks with a fraternity brother who works in my building but he had to reschedule so the husband and I hit the local taqueria.

The husband is on an antibacterial antibiotic as he got bitten by some kind of bug last weekend and has been feeling like crap all week. It's not Lyme's disease, I think it was some kind of spider bite and my husband being the delicate flower he is did not react well. He finally listened to me and went to the doctor yesterday. He is definitely feeling better already.

Work on the house this weekend. We got a fertilizer spreader as the yard needs both weed killer and nutrients. The husband will be spreading the ferts tomorrow, I told him to only do the backyard just in case the INS does a sweep and he gets mistaken for a Mexican day laborer. He took that sort of well....

No comments: