Monday, July 26, 2010

I would have prepped differently

So last week as was the first week of training for the half marathon. I apparently ran thirteen miles for the week.

Friday night the husband and I ended up in Williamsburg for a friend's birthday party. Seriously once I got off the subway I felt like it was The Sixth Sense but instead of dead people I saw affected hipsters. Thankfully we were going to a beer garden. The beer garden was really cool and a lot of fun- definitely recommend anyone who is going to Williamsburg check it out.

Saturday morning was too hot to actually run outside so we did our running on the treadmills in the gym. Of course the husband has to find a much more aggressive training regimen. he had eight miles to run while I only had 4.

We then got home and cleaned up as we were off to Governors Island for what we thought would be a concert- MIA with Sleigh Bells opening for them. However when we made the hike from the ferry to the concert area we realized it was more a music festival. Thank god they served booze and we got creative. They were also serving fresh squeezed lemonade. I got one of the big bottles and took it to the bar and had them add vodka.

We were definitely early. We got serenaded by the dj Destructo who has some serious issues with Los Angeles it seems. There were then a bunch of rappers RyeRye, Skream +Benga, no clue who else joined in. Finally Sleigh Bells came on they totally kicked ass and tore it up. It was frackin' great. We immediately left after they finished.

Sunday was down to the cottage. We did not have much to do other than take care of some rain spout drainage issues.

Ran my three miles this morning. Saw Eric Northman in the locker room again- he is hot.

The dojo- sweep the leg!- tonight. Was ok, had my turn being both the bug and the windshield.

I love roaming wikipedia. Friday I started of on some page- don't recall which and ended up on a page for quantum mysticism. I also had a sidetrack to the page of psychophsyical correlation. Oh and some Popper was thrown in there as well.

The Eu stress tests are a complete joke and the banks are still totally screwed. They all gamed it and at least some German banks admitted it on Dow Jones today.

So let me get this right. We the people take over GM. Then by proxy- as we are the wonders of GM- we take over ACF. ACF is finance company that helps people with poor credit buy cars. Haven't we seen this movie before? If this is not another bail out then what is? So much for no more bail outs.

No comments: