Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Good bye March

I missed my regular bus this morning and so got into the pool about 10 minutes late- no big deal as they had just started the workout. I swam for half a hour only then got into the office.

Don't have all that much to write about tonight actually so will keep it short and sweet.

My oldest son's birthday is coming up. I promised him I'd get him a new cell phone and we'd switch from the no bars in more places network to the yes I can frackin' hear you network. Last night he texts me saying he wants to switch to T-Mobile because the HTC HD2 "frickin rocks!" I told him no way we are switching to T-Mobile. It ranked behind FON- seriously, that sucks. I then went and looked at the HTC HD2 and looked on VZ's site and they have almost exactly the same phone- the Imagio. I told him about it today and he said no they are not the same the HD2 has a larger screen. I said doesn't matter- no T-Mobile. He suggested he goes on the husband's plan and gets the phone- the husband has T-Mobile. I laughed and said nope, not happening.

My 20 year reunion for college is this June. I debated going to it and almost committed with friends then thought I better check to see if I have the boys that weekend. I do and I called the ex to see if it was possible to switch weekends. She can't so I am skipping it this year.

I got chided yesterday for doing something I often do and that is focusing on the facts. I started asking questions about the drive by 12 year bond offering done by Greece.. I believe less than half of it was taken which made me ask what constitutes a failed auction. The boss and the smart kid laughed at me for asking such a foolish question.

Everyone thought Ireland did the right thing with their banks and economy. Well the Irish government finally went the good bank/bad bank route and lo and behold things are much worse than expected. The government marked down all the bad loans by 47 percent. So what happens to all the U.S. loans when our banks have to go the good bank/bad bank route??? God knows Ireland has been more direct about its banking issues than we have.

So the NFP will be released Friday- as in this Friday which happens to be Good Friday and the equity markets are closed. Normally I would cynically think it was a bad warning. But the government has done this before so there is precedent. This also made the ADP number much more important since it doesn't really have a high correlation with the NFP. It sucked. The spin was in but it did not really seem to take so who knows what will happen on Friday.

The bus ride home I saw quite the hot guy walking down the main drag of Hoboken. If the guy wearing the brown sweater, dark hair, chiseled mug and the Garden of Eden bag reads this just want to say you were noticed...

No comments: