Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Catching up so simmer down any bene gessirt witches out there...

Yes I have been remiss on writing but this has been a busy month so far and it aint letting up at any time.

Easter weekend we had the boys with us. I picked them up early the morning of Good Friday. The weather was awesome so we picked up some lunch from the grocery store and headed over to the park in Hoboken. We had a pseudo picnic then tossed the pigskin around while the husband caught up on his reading for his two book clubs. Friday night we went and saw How To Train Your Dragon in the new Clearview Cinema in Hoboken. The movie was actually pretty good. Both the boys had read the book and even though it diverged dramatically from the book they liked it too.

Saturday I hit the dojo- sweep the leg!- in the morning. Then we did the traditional dyeing of the eggs in celebration of Zombie Jesus Day. We then went and saw the remake of The Clash of the Titans. Three of us were disappointed but my youngest thought it was good. The husband, I and my oldest all thought the original was better- hell at least it had a script and plot.

That night after everyone went to bed the Easter Bunny actually stopped by and left a lot of candy even though I have been utterly sacrilegious in my approach to Zombie Jesus Day. The husband's parents and older sister joined us for dinner. The husband made a great ham, carrots and asparagus. I took a page out of mom's book and made a bunny cake for dessert. It was a huge hit.

Tuesday mom and dad came to town. They came to babysit the kids for us as we were off to Vegas to celebrate PJ's birthday.

The husband flew out Wednesday morning. I took a later flight and left work around 2:30. I took the shuttle bus from the P.A. to Newark and it was pretty easy and not that expensive. I made my usual stop at the President's Club for my free vodkas, wine and beers to get ready for the flight.

Thursday I and the husband had to suffer through the Liberace Strip Mall- I mean Museum- again. This time the world's largest rhinestone had at least been dusted and our guide was actually more informative and engaging. I had warned our friend NB about how the sincerity of the employees there was and he did not believe me until after the first 5minutes.

We did a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon Friday. That was really frackin' cool! I got some pretty good pics and posted them on my tome of mugs profile. We also spent some time with one the husband's girlfriends who was out there for a school reunion.

We actually had no time to gamble. ST had planned the entire trip with activities.

We got home Saturday evening and spent time with mom and dad. They were staying with us until this morning since they had planned to go to AC today.

Sunday we went to the Newark Museum. Yes there actually is one! It is actually a pretty nice museum according to the husband. The best part though was the two smokin' hot cops at the PATH station in Newark on the way home!

Last night we took mom and dad out for dinner to celebrate their 48th anniversary.

Friday is my oldest son's birthday and I will officially be entering hell as he will be a teenager. Friday is also the day I am dumping my cell phone service provider (the No Bars In More Places one) and getting a new phone with the Yes I Can Frackin' Hear You Now. The reason is the oldest asked for a new phone for his birthday and he wants the Droid. It's on sale and I am moving to the Storm 2. He is having a sleep over so I am just going to take him to lunch Sunday and give him his new phone then.

Tomorrow the husband and I become home owners. We close on the house; the widow did what free markets make people do- she cut the price. That means Saturday we will be closing down the rental storage space we have in Hoboken and moving it to the basement.

Monday we are off on vacation to Playa del Carmen!

I forgot how handsome Mike Santoli from Barrons was until I saw him on BBRG this morning.

2 comments:

BGW said...

I little Prana Bindu training is always good for the figure. BGW

jimbo said...

Congrats on the house purchase. Now you can hold up your Cosmo at a party, take a sip from it, and sibilantly say, "...and we _GUTTED_ it!" And so on.