Friday, April 16, 2010

"No Bars In More Places" no more

Last night the husband and I had drinks and some grub with PF and DR. We had not seen them since they got back form their grand tour of Asia and we ended up celebrating DR's 40th birthday (belatedly) and the closing on our house. As usual when we go out with them we ended up drinking a wee bit too much. Hence no gym this morning.

The husband did the walk through and called me to let me know the good widow left the chest freezer (woo hoo- no more burying the bodies!) and the antique fridge. She also left all the shelving in the basement and of course the hideous drapes that are probably the originals from when she and her husband built the place.

The tape was a bit interesting today. It was not all that strong as the whole Greek non-activation activation of the non-bailout bailout is still an ongoing drachma- I mean drama. Yesterday's increase in jobless claims did not help either. Speaking of the jobless claims number I cannot believe that the BLS is now actively spinning the numbers (that job is usually reserved for the Administration in power) and they had the nerve to blame it on Caesar Chavez Day. Seriously? I guess most people were wising up to blaming it on weather, or el nino or Y2K.

Then came the big bomb- GS getting accused of civil fraud by the SEC. That definitely did not help the tape at all. It also may just be the excuse everyone who is scared of how far the markets have come to sell and take some of the table.

I went to the store and switched cell phone service providers. I got the Storm 2 and he got the Droid. I won't be seeing him until Sunday for lunch so he will be phoneless for an entire day tomorrow.

I am pretty damn proud of myself. I plugged my old crackberry into the laptop and took all the pictures I had on there, transferred them to the laptop then plugged in my Storm 2 and put all the pictures I had on to that- woo hoo! I also tried to do it with my ring tones but that did not work as they are protected files. So I had to go and buy the frackin' things again. Oh well.

No comments: