Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Futterwhacking

Was I the only one who missed all the warnings about the nor'easter this past weekend? Oh, wait all the weather reports said was we were going to get was some rain. The wind and rain did not let up the entire weekend. The kids were not happy getting walked at any point during the weekend. The weirdest part was the hail hitting the windows Sunday morning. The wind gusts on the 17th floor were kind of scary as well.

Saturday night we watched The Hurt Locker. I thought it was pretty damn good and definitely better than Green Zone. Jeremy Renner and Brian Geraghty are both smokin'.

Sunday I went to the gym and ran. I ran for 45 minutes and got a bit over 4 miles which I am ok with as a distance. There was a hot latin guy getting on the elliptical machines in a white tank and baseball hat with great guns as I was finishing. That night we had PJ and ST over for dinner. The husband made an awesome dinner and the gluten free chocolate cake was really good surprisingly. PJ loved the view and apparently that is all he talked about on the ride home much to ST's chagrin.

So Monday morning the boss was all scruffy and dishevelled. It seems he lost electricity Saturday morning and was told he would not get t back until Wednesday- ha!

I had today off. The sister-in-law is off for spring break. We were thinking of going to Pennsylvania for a day of snowboarding. That idea was a big bust as the rain over the weekend rain pretty much got rid of the snow and today was sunny and 60. Instead we took her to a movie and are treating her to dinner for her birthday which is tomorrow.

We saw the new Alice In Wonderland. The 3D was cool but I have to say the movie was not that good. The plot pretty much sucked and seriously- how many more whacky, crazy characters can Johnny Depp play that much differently? The whole dance scene at the end- futterwhacking- was solely to try and seem hip I think. The SciFi network did it much better with their version fo Alice.

Yesterday in the WSJ they had a photo shoot of some athletes in the newest, hottest fashions. The ones that caught my eye were Julian Illingworth (squash), Ryan Lochette (swimming) and Giuseppe Lanzone (don't recall what sport he played). Then on BBRG tv there was a really cute/hot reporter talking- one Phil Mattingly. I pulled up his profile and hit the chat function by mistake, lol. I shut it down before it started though.

So apparently the less famous and less often quoted half of the Case/Schiller duo- that would be Professor Case- thinks it is even odds that the housing market has bottomed. Call me crazy but if I am going to invest money in something I want better than even odds I am going to make money. I might as well toss a coin.

There was a Fed meeting today and there really isn't anything they could do that would shock the markets and of course there was nothing they did from what I read on my emails.

Swimming tomorrow morning. Think I am going to take a different tack with the people in the lane and let them know I am just going to swim laps and if they need to pass me they can.

No comments: