Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Erin go frack yourself

Ah St. Patrick's Day- a high holy day for my peoples. I committed heresy by not wearing green today. I did not drink green beer and I detest corned beef and cabbage. Seriously- who the frack actually enjoys boiled meat? I am fairly certain lamb stew would be a more authentic Irish dish and that I would love for dinner.

I swam this morning and I felt pretty good about it. It was the distance workout so I basically just swam the entire time and didn't bother keeping track if I was doing he work out or not, lol.

If I was Mr. Bernake I'd have been pissed that I had to face Congress and answer questions with the guy who had my job 20 years ago. Seriously, what a slap in the face that he had to sit next to Mr. Volcker while getting grilled by the likes of Maxine Waters.

I see Germany basically told Greece to go frack themselves. It seems that now Germany thinks it is a great idea for Greece to seek help from the IMF. That is a big u-turn and could be the crack in the EU that splits it apart. We'll see.

One of the biggest mistakes anyone in my line of work can do- and everyone does it at some point- is to make the data try and fir your thesis instead of changing your thesis when the data makes it seem the thesis is wrong. IT would seem even Mr. Birinyi has fallen prey to it. He has said that the VIX no longer has any correlation to what the market does, basically just ignore it.

I have not had a real vacation in more than a year and a half. The husband for some strange reason thinks taking a vacation together is a good test of a relationship- apparently living together 3 1/2 years and being married is not good enough- go figure, lol. So yesterday we planned our first proper vacation together. We are going to Play del Carmen for a week. Woo-hoo! The ironic thing is I found out last night that JP is going there later this month. It will be good to have the intell from his trip before we go there.

No comments: