Tuesday, March 30, 2010

And you call yourself an sci-fi autuer???

Last week was pretty busy. One night at class I took a serious low kick from a black belt who looks a lot like Mr. Miagi but is built a lot thicker. I kept getting snapping front kicks into his ribs and I think that just pissed him off and the last low kick he hit my thigh with frackin' hurt like hell. When I got home and mentioned the name Mr. Miagi the husband had no clue what I was talking about.

The past weekend was a bad one at mom and dad's for their NCAA hopes as dad (and my older brother's) alma mater got displaced and so did mom and dad's hometown favorite. Speaking of the NCAA I was laughing to myself about Cornell. When I was a pledge my freshman year they played my alma mater in lax. We the pledge class had to show our support for the team as there was a significant amount of brothers on the varsity lax team. So of course we came up with the truly brilliant idea of spelling out on our chests (in red no less) the phrase "Big Red Gives Head." I like to think that had something to do with Big Red losing that day.

The other highlight of Saturday was my oldest trying to get me to give up the password to my iTunes account. His and his brother's iPod Touches are on my account. He made the comment that he could change the password. I said really and you know the account is attached to my email account. You don't know the password to that and if you do find it out and change anything you will lose your iPod Touch. Of course the usual response was how that was not fair...or cool, I don't really remember but he is almost a teenager so it had to be one of those two.

Saturday we had TK over for dinner. Afterwards we played cards for a while.

Sunday we got up and went for a nice run. the thing is the husband really doesn't know how to do a leisurely run. I said I was setting the pace but of course the run went at a faster pace than I was planning. I would never tell the husband but I think I run better solo than with him. The plus of the run with him was he pointed out all the hot guys, lol. The yellow hoodie with the piercing blue eyes was probably my favorite of the ones he did point out.

The other highlight of Sunday was the husband and I got to go to our dog walker's wedding. I was a bit surprised we got the invite but we love her and the kids love her as well so I was looking forward to it. It was really fun, small, at a restaurant on the Hudson with great views of the city skyline. The funniest part was when she introduced us to her travel agent and his boyfriend. I was laughing because it seemed to me like it was here, meet my other gay friends, you must know each other. The other fun part was trying to figure out of her son is gay or not. We are undecided as to his orientation but he sat at our table and was good dinner company.

Monday we signed the final contract for the cottage down in central Jersey. Now the husband just needs to get a job so he can implement his grand vision for what we will and can do with the house as this pretty much is putting my retirement at a small risk- ah the things we do for love.

I cannot believe they are making the book Freakanomics into a movie- seriously? What's next, Freakanomics- The Musical!?

Jesse Westbrook on BBRG tv looks a lot like a hot guy who worked out at the gym we used to belong to.

A few weeks ago the husband was flipping through the channels and came to the movie Evil Dead. He had no clue about it and I was aghast. Seriously- he prides himself on watching all the B-flicks on SciFi and had never seen this one?? He asked who the cute guy was and I said Hello? Bruce Campbell??? Michael from Burn Notices sometime sidekick. So I bought Army of Darkness and we watched that last night.

This morning was the bike, I got roughly 8 1/4 miles done in 30 minutes. Tomorrow I swim and then I hit the dojo- Kobra Kai never die!- after work.

No comments: