Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Sometimes SciFi is ahead of it's time.

Thursday was fun. I had a good run after work and then went of for a few cocktails with a PM who is also a good friend. He had his divorced finalized and wanted to celebrate. I was totally up for it as I had been a good source of information on the whole process.

I then met the husband at a bar for some more cocktails and bar food. We had to sit with a bunch of women. They were nice, one of them worked for a gossip magazine and of course we brought up the whole Sandra Bullock issue. They then asked us if the three hot guys at the table behind us were gay, lol. I commented I thought two of them were and the husband disagreed but the women after observing the three of them agreed with me that two of them probably were.

This weekend was awesome weather. The boys were with us and we had a great time. Saturday I hit the dojo- sweep the leg!- in the morning and then the boys and I went to the pier park in Hoboken. We brought lunch and a football and spent a few hours there tossing the pigskin around which was a bit difficult for me to focus on as there was tons of eye candy and there was this one hot shirtless blond guy laying there...woof.

We then went home and relaxed a bit while the husband made us dinner. He made his awesome meatloaf and the oldest loved it. The youngest had his usual-chicken fingers. We then sat down and watched Young Frankenstein. I forgot how great that movie was and the boys thought it was hilarious.

Sunday morning I got motivated and got up early and went for a run. I ran about 6 miles in a bit over 45 minutes. I felt good after the run and the husband wanted to know if the hot doorman commented on my tight tee shirt and shorts that showed off my assets, lol.

The boys and I repeated our lunch at the pier park and than actually had a nice walk. I had to make dessert for our dinner guests that night. I decided to go with an apple and poached pear pie. The problem though was I had to use this gluten free pie crust mix and it did not come out well at all. I took the boys home and got back to help the husband get ready for our dinner guests. The husband made an amazing monkfish and really good mashed potatoes.

The bus this morning was empty, I think I was one of five people on the bus.

Chris Evans is going to be Steve Rogers in the movies- woo hoo! As Mr. Clifford said, I hope Captain America is shirtless a lot.

So the trader Julian Rifat got arrested for insider trading in London by the FSA. He is one handsome man, too bad he has been accused of illegal activity. Speaking of the FSA they are considering recording the calls made on cell phones of all traders. It is a concern for me and I wonder if I should move back to getting the work issued crackberry and get a separate cell phone.

So it seems India has militarized chili- the infamous ghost chili no less.

The series Invasion on SciFi was pretty good and I think it got short shrift from both its original network (ABC) and SciFi. I thought of it when I read the article of how there is a worldwide, silent invasion going on. It appears there is a certain jelly fish that is immortal and is expanding its range of habitat.

No comments: