Saturday, March 13, 2010

The ugly bus runs later

The hot guy who read the WSJ I saw on the bus every morning this week except Friday. Friday I was up late and caught a bus about 40 minutes later than normal. The later bus is sort of like the short bus for looks. Seriously, there was not a single good looking ugly on that bus! I will definitely make sure that I my alarm is set properly from now on.

Last week was interesting. Wednesday I wore a suit and tie to work as that morning I had to go to the offices of someone the firm does business with and I needed to make sure I represented the firm properly. I had to wake the husband up to make sure my tie matched. He was not happy about that, lol.

Wednesday night the husband and I went out to dinner. We had a good discussion about the house. He agrees the widow has to pay for the septic or we walk. He also suggested we should look at some other houses in the area. So of course Thursday I found some other houses on trulia. Tomorrow morning we are going to look at three houses, two with the listing realtors and the third is an open house.

Friday the boss gave me my review. It went fine as the boss said all he did was look at last year's review and copy and paste all his comments. I laughed and told him I had done the same for my part of it. We both hate the things as the are really kind of asinine. He received a nasty email from corporate HR telling him he had to have them all done by Monday. I then went to the gym and biked for 45 minutes and got 13 1/2 miles done. I then met eh husband and TK at the theater and we saw Green Zone.

I was not that keen to see Green Zone as I figured it was just going to be another Bourne type vehicle for Matt Damon. I was wrong and the movie was actually pretty good. The guy who played Marty Stone I thought did a great job as did the guy who played Al Rowi. Afterwards we had a late dinner at cookshop. I had the rabbit and the sticky toffee pudding for dessert.

Tomorrow we have PJ and ST coming up for dinner. The husband is making lamb and I will be making chocolate cake for dessert.

It seems that the state of New Jersey will allow same sex couples to identify as married on the federal census. I am not quite sure how that happens as the Census is a federal program and federally funded. It also makes me wonder why doesn't the state then just allow same sex marriage of they are allowing the gays to identify themselves as married on a federal government form? Of course the husband and I will be identifying as married when we do the census.

Saw a video on YHOO sports and thought the Raptors player Jose Calderon looked hot. Upon some further work on GOOG I thought maybe not so hot but passable. The guy in the blue sweater though for the .tel ads- his name in the ad is Ben- is really cute though.

I had to laugh when I read about Prodi saying the whole Greece crisis is over and Greece is safe and fine. That is so not the case but it seems that the EU official think if they keep saying things are well that will become true.

I don't know how the President expects to double our exports. The only way that can happen is if the dollar gets devalued or the cost of producing goods here falls appreciably versus the rest of the world. I don't see how the latter will happen and the former could happen but everyone else will do the same thing and that is what happened in the Depression.

I read about a book discussing identity politics and how GSCO and West Point are very similar. I had to laugh at that analogy and I laughed at the term identity politics. Identity politics is code for sociology. The economist is just too embarrassed to call it that as all the other economists will make fun of him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I take the bus hours after you. Daily. Not sure what that says about my ugliness.