Sunday, October 18, 2009

That is the definition of irony

Thursday night's concert was awesome. I had never been to Webster Hall before Thursday night. It's was a great space for the concert.

The PM I work with and I stopped by his apartment and had a drink before we met the rest of the crew at a restaurant. His dog loved me and of course tried to hump my leg.

One of his friend's who joined us is ostensibly straight. He is married- not that that means anything- but I don't know of any straight guy, married or single, who gets his eyebrows done. I asked the woman who works with us what she thought and her comment was there is definitely a vibe about him and she could not figure it out until I pointed out he gets his eyebrows done.

Airborne Toxic Event was an amazing live show. The band is from Los Angeles and they rock. I would definitely see them again if they are back in town any time.

Friday brought the dreaded nor'easter. I have to say I was sorely disappointed. I remember the Storm of The Century- that was the 1993 nor'easter. I was living in a basement apartment in Hoboken that when I got home I found flooded because it had rained so much.

The good thing is my oldest son's fall baseball games for the weekend got canceled. I picked the boys up Friday night and we got home at a reasonable hour. I still let them stay up kind of late.

Saturday was just cold and not all that nice so I and the husband decided to make sauce and meatballs for dinner. It simmered all day and around 5 when I realized how much food we had we decided to invite PS and SP (our friends who live across the street and told us about our new building) for dinner. They showed up at 7 PM. We sat down to candle light rigatoni and meatballs with garlic bread. PS told us it was very nice of us to remember Diwali (she and SP are Indian).

Last night the four of us stayed up to watch Trick 'R Treat- the second time for us and the first time for the boys. I was a bit concerned that the usual would happen- around 3 AM in the morning I would be woken up by my oldest because he couldn't sleep and didn't know why (i.e had a nightmare). On cue there he was- but it was my youngest this time! He was in tears so I took him back to bed and he asked me to sleep with him. I laid down holding my little guy. I told him nothing would happen to him in my house and he had nothing to be scared of. He and I fell asleep and I woke up about a hour later and went back to bed. On the way home I explained to my oldest that was an example of irony.

The cool thing today was seeing whitecaps on the Hudson River.

1 comment:

Frank Grimaldi said...

I was at the show on Thursday and I agree it was wonderful. I liked T.A.T.E. even more after seeing them in concert. The other 2 bands weren't bad either.

Regarding the eyebrow thing on the straight guy, take it from me, straight guys are queerer nowadays. It's a modern phenomenon.

If you are interested, I did a write up of the show – check it out and compare notes.

Frank Grimaldi
Concert-log.blogspot.com