Saturday, October 10, 2009

Chinatown

Mucinex rocks! I used that Thursday and it totally helped with the sore throat and hacking cough. I also kept gargling with warm salt water and used the netti pot again before I went to bed.

Last night we went down to the farm to celebrate ST's birthday. I had baked, frosted and decorated a birthday cake for the dinner Thursday night before I went to bed. The husband and I also moved some artwork that we don't have wall space for down to the farm.

We got there at 8 and moved the art work into the storage area of ST and PJ's gallery. We then had drinks and ate an amazing dinner. Dessert was a hit. The husband and I spent the night at the farm. This morning we got back up and brought back two pieces of art that will fit on the walls of our new home. We dropped them off, walked the kids, showered up and then went into the city to meet the sister-in-law and some of her friends from college. The girls wanted to see Chinatown so we met them there, had a really good lunch at Joe's Shanghai and then walked around Chinatown. The girls wanted to find knock off bags. We were walking along when an older Chinese man walked up to us asked if we were interested in purses and handbags. The girls said yes so he motioned for us to follow him. He led us through the crowds and to a seemingly closed store, unlocked the door and ushered us in. It felt like we were part of some vast, international crime conspiracy. Tons of fake Gucci, Prada, Coach and every other label you could think of sitting on the walls. The girls actually bought wallets. I told the kind Chinese gentleman I had enough hand bags so was good. I did tell the husband though that we should come back and get something for my mom for Christmas at one of these scurrilous places as she would love it and the whole story of how we got it.

Tonight we have no plans other than hanging the rest of the art and catching up on Supernatural, Fringe and Fast Forward on the dvr.

Tomorrow is going to be a bit busy. We are actually taking the rest of the art work we don't have room for back down to the farm. Then we have to get back here and make sure the place is clean as we have guests arriving in the late afternoon/early evening. Mr. Barrett and Mr. Clifford are coming up form D.C. Monday night we are all going to the Kylie Minogue concert (along with PF and DR). I really only know her from her cover of Do The Locomotion back when I was in high school. Mr. Barrett tells me she is much more than that and much more fabulous. I'll have a better sense after the show if I agree. I am doing pretty well when it comes to the gays' icons; I've seen Bette Midler and Madonna (Bette was great Madonna SUCKED). I ideally hope to see Cher before she retires yet again. That will leave Brittney and Beyonce.

I was a bit shocked that President Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize. It would seem I was not the only one as the President himself seemed stunned. I would have to say plain and simple this was one last kick in the ass for the previous Administration as opposed to anything President Obama has done. Speaking of what he has done I was laughing at the fact that one news services took it upon themselves to actually fact check the SNL skit that lampooned the President. It is a bit scary that some media people think that comedy poking fun at the President deserves fact checking. Seems almost cult of personality like.

Golf is now an Olympic sport? Seriously? What the fuck is the IOC thinking? I think rugby is a great pick to add. Golf though? I believe I heard that Rio does not even have a golf course long enough for professional play.

No comments: