Saturday, October 24, 2009

Beware the sleestak

Thursday I actually wore a suit and tie to work, mainly because I was too lazy to figure out an actual outfit and I also had a business dinner. So before dinner the boss,I and one of our favorite portfolio managers (who is also a great guy and friend) went to an Italian restaurant that had outdoor dining. Thursday was such an awesome day weather wise we decided to sit outside, have some wine and antipasto. I then went to dinner and after met the husband and DR for drinks at the Strip House. The best part of that was our former hot neighbor was there and remembered us.

You have to love that Mexicans love their tequila so much that two of them discovered you can use it to create synthetic diamonds. Apparently it can be used in PLI-CVD to form them. The only better thing would be if the Irish found a way to do it with Guinness or whiskey...

Friday was looking like crappy weather so I figured my oldest son's last fall baseball game would get canceled. It did. So I picked them up and we stopped at TGT to pick up a movie to watch. We decided on Land Of The Lost. I remember watching the t.v show as a kid and I loved it. The movie was pretty damn funny. I laughed a lot and there were some really good scenes.

Today I got up and made my first pumpkin pie of the season- from scratch. I kind of screwed up though and used whole wheat flour for the crust. I told the husband it was more authentic that way because the Pilgrims did not have bleached white flour.

MP and her bf canceled on us to a miscommunication between themselves about their schedule. No big deal. I went ahead and made the lamb stew I had planned anyway. The funny thing is my oldest does not like lamb. My youngest went with me to do the grocery shopping and knew I bought lamb. I had to make him pinky swear not to tell his older brother. The lamb stew was a big hit and half way through dinner my oldest asked what kind of meat it was. I couldn't lie to him and told him it was lamb. He finished it anyways which surprised me.

This afternoon we went and saw The Vampire's Assistant. It was a pretty good flick. The boys liked it and so did I and the husband but the husband thought it was edited poorly. The good thing is we found out it is based on a book series. So now I have some gifts for my youngest for Christmas.

My oldest was supposed to have a make up game tomorrow afternoon but thanks to the massive amount of rain that hit the east coast today that game got canceled as well. So it looks like tomorrow we will have a nice lazy day.

No comments: