Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Just guessing here

I'm gonna take a wild shot in the dark and say I bet Amy Winehouse died of a drug overdose of some sorts.  Call me crazy but I gotta feelin' about this...

Speaking of Amy Winehouse, the cover of her album Frank has two Scotties on it.  The husband and I know the owner of the Scotties.  I don't completely recall how it happened but apparently our friend and his husband were out walking their Scotties at night in London when she walked by and asked if she could have her pic taken walking the dogs.  They consented and the next thing they know their dogs are gracing her album.

The weekend was nice.  We had PJ, ST and the hot farmer over for dinner.  The boys were there too and they met the hot farmer.  They thought he was cool and they introduced him to the grotesqueness of urban dictionary, lol.  At one point I heard ST ask the hot farmer "Do straight guys really do that and like it?"  The husband marinated this awesome pork tenderloin and then had me grill it.  I almost over grilled it but because he had brined it I was good.  Even my youngest ate it!

Saturday ST took the boys to see the Harry Potter flick.  The husband and I got the house ready and prepped lunch for out guests, JK and DS, for the weekend.  They got there and the four of us lunched on burgers and turkey burgers with this amazing aioli. 

The boys got back and met our house guests and their 2 1/2 year old Rottweiler.  Our younger dog was totally psyched as he ha d a playmate for the weekend.  The two of them were quite boisterous and rough housed all weekend.

The husband, boys, JK and DS then went across the lane to PJ's pool.  I slaved away in the kitchen making dessert for dinner- Granny Smith apple pie with crumb topping.  Dinner was grilled tuna steaks with this amazing marinade and salsa. The boys of course were on their best behavior and made an excellent impression upon JK and DS. 

JK and DS spent the night as well.  I made the call that they could have our bed and we'd take the air mattress; they were first time guests, next time they get the air mattress, lol.

Sunday after our guests left we went and saw Captain America.  IT was actually pretty good and Chris Evans was shirtless or in a tight white tee for quite a few scenes.  Hugo Weaving was a great Red Skull- better than his role as Agent Smith.

So we as a nation will most likely be losing our triple A status.  Ya know what?  Good.  We need to take our medicine just like everyone else.  We used to do it well and not complain about it but over the past forty or so years we seem to have lost that quality; maybe this will stiffen our spines.  It will hurt, no one except the uber-rich will be spared.

I have started packing up the apartment.  The boys bedroom, the coat closet and the utility closet are pretty much all done.

No comments: