Thursday, April 14, 2011

Shrugging

The kids were psyched Tuesday night as they got to sleep on the bed with me since the husband was down at the cottage.  They were not psyched when I got their furry asses out of the bed Wednesday morning much earlier than they are used to and walked them.  Then I hit the gym, lifted and biked.  I still doubt if the eSpinner is right on miles biked.

Wednesday had me busier than a one armed barber.  I think I had my busiest day ever in my entire twenty plus years in the business.  I was fried by the end of the day.  I did not get home until around 6 pm,walked and fed the kids and was not in the mood to hit the dojo- sweep the leg!  I took a nap, the husband got home from his drinks and getting his hair did and we had some dinner then off to bed.

This morning I was up and in the pool.  I did notice a cute guy with his suit and tie in the dry cleaning bags at the gym.  As I was getting dressed to leave he was getting back to the locker room- of course I checked him out and he was quite nice shirtless, lol.

So this morning there was a discussion about the Barry Bonds case and I opined that if the Congress was really serious about cutting wasteful spending they wold not be pursuing such bullshit cases as steroid use in MLB.  They have bigger fish to fry like investigating how the BCS is operated by a cartel.  Oh wait that is a complete waste of time and money too.    Some people were arguing that Barry Bonds lied under oath to Congress and he should be prosecuted.  I told him you are missing the point.  I don't care that this case started in '02.  The fact that they are still pursuing it when the economy is still totally fracked- in case you missed it jobless claims are moving higher again- and Congress should be focusing on how to create jobs, fix the economy and work towards getting our fiscal house in order.  The retort is ok so all those mob guys who lie under oath shouldn't be pursued either.  I said no, steroid use in MLB is not related to national security, saving lives or teaching our children.  Going after the mob is related to saving lives and quite possibly national security.

Seriously- do they really need to turn "21 Jump Street" into a movie?   I read that they had already cast some people for it. 

Every libertarian, neo-libertarian and faux libertarian must be psyched for Atlas Shrugged, Part 1 opening tomorrow.  I tried reading that book and it was ponderously boring and shitty writing.  I gave up on it before I even found who who John Galt is or his (in)famous sixty page monologue.  I and the husband however are incredibly psyched for Scream 4

No comments: