Sunday, April 10, 2011

Back to the salt mines

Spring break is over.  It was actually a good week off.  We got the garage cleaned and organized, same with the basement.  The yard got somewhat but not totally cleaned up.  We entertained a bit too.

Friday I, the boys and ST went and saw Your Highness.  It is quite juvenile in its humor but pretty damn funny.  I did not realize it was rated R though and there were some scenes I squirmed with as my 11 year old sat next to me, lol.  Some one liners as well that made me squirm a bit.  Definitely not a movie the husband would like.  ST fell asleep during it though he did catch quite a few of the better lines.

Friday night we had ST, PJ and NB over for dinner to celebrate PJ's birthday.  The husband made this awesome mustard and tarragon crusted rack of lamb.  We actually used the living room as well since we now have a proper couch there and the smaller couch is now in the den.

I made two cakes- a gluten one and a gluten free one.  The line of the night was PJ saying he wanted  really big piece of cake since he was going to die anyways.  He also asked if he could take the left over cake- roughly one third of it- home with him.

NB took some great pictures as I had gotten hats and noise makers for when we had birthday cake.  He asked if he could post them to facebook- I said yes, my oldest said no.  I also said he was free to tag me in them.   

NB was a big hit with the boys.  He definitely has a good immature sense of humor which fits well with two young boys.

Saturday was sort of lazy as we had been doing things all week.  We all went and saw Hanna.  It is an excellent movie and I loved that The Chemical Brothers did the sound track.

Last night we celebrated my oldest son's birthday.  It is actually this coming Saturday but he will be with his mom and he likes the birthday cakes I make.  I told him he got to pick what was for dinner so he picked sushi.  We then had cake and he got to open his presents and cards.  I actually got him two cards- one of those sappy ones parents always get their children and then a humorous one.  He actually hugged me after reading the sappy one- I was a bit stunned.  he then opened his gifts- I had gotten him Skull Candy headphones and a hoodie that you can put the head phones in the hood and snake the cord down through it to the pocket.  He told me it was a totally awesome gift- woo hoo!

After dinner we watched Tron:  Legacy.  I liked it- it was an excellent Saturday night movie to watch.  My favorite part was seeing our arc lamp in it.

Today was a nice quiet Sunday.  I cleaned the boys room and we had some breakfast then did some more cleaning.  Then it was time to get them back to their mom;s house.  I got home, took a nap and did more cleaning.  The husband made us some dinner and then we watched "Bob's Burgers."  That show is pretty damn funny.  It is going to get added to the dvr for future recordings.

Back to the office tomorrow and back to training, the gym and the dojo- sweep the leg!  I have a little over two months to get ready for the triathlon.  The boss is out this week on his spring break with his family, I was not told about any situations that would need attention so I am hoping it will be a some what quiet week.

No comments: