Sunday, April 24, 2011

Annotated

Last week was kind of busy- I got to the gym every day but did not make it to the dojo- Cobra Kai never die!

Wednesday was the husband's actually birthday.  I made him dinner at home and got him drunk- whoo hoo.

Am I the only one who sees the dichotomy of Syria lifted the 48 years of emergency rule and then firing live ammunition on peaceful- they were doing a sit-in- protesters???

Greek bonds are telling you that you aint getting your drachmas back.  Seriously- the two year paper pays 22%. 

We had MP and SJ down to the cottage for the weekend.  Friday night they had quite a bit of wine and made quite the impression on PJ and ST...lol.

I have been baking all weekend.  Friday night I made a crumb top apple pie.  It was quite a hit so much so the husband said I clearly did not love him as I had never made it before.  Last ngiht I made a crumble top blueberry pie.  It came out too soupy- clearly following the directions and using 5 cups of blueberries is too much.  Today I made my (in)famous Easter Bunny cake.  The husband has been cooking up amazing dinners all weekend as well.  It will be topped off roast leg of lamb this evening. 

Last night after dinner before dessert we dyed Easter eggs.  It was quite fun.  MP and I then hid all of them and when her bf SJ got up we told him he could not have any breakfast until he found them all.  It took him some time but he ate breakfast.

After dessert MP made me go down into the spooky basement and find the box with all y yearbooks from high school in them.  I also came across my high school lacrosse jersey and a bunch of other stuff.  It was pretty funny to look back at all of it.  SJ who is a Brit found the idea of a yearbook fascinating.  He commented on how there was a lot of hair and I told him duh- it was the '80s.

I will be taking the train back tonight and the husband will be staying the night along with our guests.

This week will be interesting as it is a full week and there is a Fed meeting.  The Fed can't really say anything worthwhile but the format has changed so it could cause some agita.

No comments: