Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Zen

OMG- yesterday morning there was tons of talent on the bus! It was like "I'd do him if I was single"-fest. Made for quite a nice start to the day.

I was wearing a suit yesterday as I had a business dinner and I knew the guy I was having dinner with would be casual plus it really is just a helluva lot easier to pick a tie only instead of a whole outfit. Anyhow, my man-crush at work felt the need to volunteer that me in the suit with two days scruff was a "great look." Wow! Ok, he has recently broken up with his gf and has mentioned he is thinking of moving to Hoboken and now tells me I look great in a suit and scuffy. He sooo wants me and PF agreed with me, lol.

I have no clue what Mashable is but he CEO was on BBRG and he is damn cute. Peter Cashmore- totally caught my attention.

The boss joined the business dinner lat night and it is always great getting out with him and learning more about the office than he deigns to tell me to begin with. The three of us had barbecue and it was pretty damn great. Blue Smoke on 27th- awesome ribs, spicy cheese fries and beer selection. If you have a hankering for barbecue go there.

The husband IMed me during the day that he found the termite nest and he hates bugs! He and his sister were doing some non-gutting work at the house and he said they were both screaming like girls. The exterminator is coming Friday.

This morning on the bus there was a handsome married guy got on and I think he checked me out- my ego secretly knows few bounds....

Get ready for QE II and I aint talking about the ocean liner. The Fed is still pretending all is well but I am sure they are secretly getting ready to do more quantitative easing. It'll be bigger and scarier than the first one, this is not going to be a good sequel.

Is it just me or does Senator Schumer make anyone else feel icky? The guy just oozes smarmy and sleaze. Sadly I think my parents love him solely because he is a Democrat. I bet they don't know how he is basically the hedge fund industry's piss boy. Take the money and tell them behind closed doors not to worry but castigate them in public. We really do get the politicians we deserve I think.

If a bond auction fails and no one hears it does it make noise? I ask that koan because it happened today and no on seemed to care or even focus on it. The German federal government was auctioning 7 billion euros of 5 year paper. Funny thing is they only got demand for 5.445 billion. That is a failed auction. But wait there's more! The Germans just changed the amount that was officially auctioned and voila! The auction is a success. Nothing to see here people, move along...

News flash here: ANY financial company that cannot roll its own paper (i.e. short term debts) is totally fracked and headed to ruin. There was a Spanish bank that could not roll $1 billion of it's short term debt. Not good news. I don't care how many deposits the bank has or what it's loan book looks like- it is screwed. Maybe that is why LIBOR has steadily been going up.

Speaking of LIBOR, I was bemused at the spin now being put out by some banks. Apparently the huge percentage move in the rate is no big deal because it has been too low for too long. Seriously- that is a sad attempt and obfuscation.

Hit the dojo- Kobra Kai never die!- and felt pretty good about it. Not too sore and no apparent abrasions or contusions as of yet.

Having drinks with a girlfriend I have known since 1st grade tomorrow after work. Ideally if the weather holds up we'll drink al fresco.

1 comment:

jimbo said...

I think your honey pot is on fire.