Wednesday, May 19, 2010

All heil!

So I biked 15 miles Tuesday morning. I felt ok and did not get my usual "I hate the bike" feeling. Tuesday evening I hit the dojo- Kobra Kai never die! Again, small classes but good.

The kid who pulled a fast one over on Harvard is pretty cute and reminiscent of Jake I think. Speaking of Jake, Prince of Persia is going to be a huge bomb in my humble opinion.

Rand Paul is sort of handsome but I have a sinking feeling his first name is in reference to Ayn Rand which is a big turn off.

Yesterday morning there was a major hottie on the bus. Tall, lean yet muscled and high and tight blond hair.

I did only one class at the dojo last night, mainly because I was dog ass tired from doing the late classes the night before. That dog ass tired feeling also led me to skip swimming yesterday morning. As a matter of fact, I was so tired I did not even run this morning. It was actually kind of nice to sleep in a bit late.

So, scientists have created the first synthetic cell. I find that really cool and slightly disturbing in a Frankenstein kind of way. maybe it won't be the rise of the machines that do us in but the rise of the synthetics? I did notice however that the lead researcher on the project, one Daniel G. Gibson, is kind of hot. As Mr. Barrett would say: "Woof!"

Since I am on the topic of Mr. Barrett, he sent an email this evening expressing his envy of the mattress sett we have on our bed. He mentioned how it was very firm and he had no back issues when he woke up Sunday morning. I'll have to ask the husband what brand it is and let him know.

TK invited us out to the beach this weekend. Totally psyched for that! The husband is driving out tomorrow around noon I think. The kids are not going as TK's landlords don't allow pets. the husband will drop them off at his mom's for the weekend. I will most likely be taking the train out with TK. Psyched to be a guest out there after the years of always being the host.

I am both impressed with Germany's balls and worried about what they are seeing behind the curtain. they unilaterally declared naked short selling of several derivatives illegal. It is quite the power play for them and I think the passive/aggressive way for them to bow out of the EU if the rest don't follow. I am worried as to what the government there knows is about to come down the pike that they felt the dire need to do this on their own and the rest of the EU be damned.

Still stand by my prediction the euro is gone as a currency. Greece has said the option of exiting is there but then of course denied it. Germany is all about getting in place an orderly process for insolvencies within the EU, i.e. kicking people out.

Funny how now Japan is starting to come to the forefront again. Of course there is the whole Koreas issue as well. I find Korea more worrisome though as you have a failed state with nothing to lose, it attacked another state and is now saying they will go to war if they are punished for it. WTF?

So at the beginning of the year one of my picks was to buy the MAY SPX 1025 puts. Has not been a great pick until this week. The woman who sits next to me on Monday was giving me a bit of shit. I asked if she wanted to do the usual bet (a la Randolph and Mortimer) to see if they played out. So we agreed that if the SPX hits 1025 at any point by expiration I'd be declared the winner. After the action today it seems like I have shot. It is only down ~4% from today's close. Tomorrow is an expiration and this weekend is a three day weekend for much of Europe which means many people may not want to stay long over it and de-risk in front of it. We shall see. I am paying her in pennies though if I lose.

No comments: